1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom hates my writing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shasta, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I j wrote a novel published it on Amazon kindle. My mom refuses to support me because it's erotic romance. She wants me write her way. She says I will get banned and hurt is basically trying force me to write her way. Which is writng " what's. Safe". Which is a book about god and very religious.

She says that only sickos and pervs write the erotic. Said that my novel will cause bad things to happen.

Writing is one of my outlets. I write what I feel and protray my struggles through other characters. A lot of my readers relate to my characters

I knew this was coming. My mom is very judgmental and optionated. The type that gets offended easily. How do I deal with this? She suffers from parnioa, but won't admit it. She is try to bully into doing what she wants. How do I stand my

2. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You write your story.

Some people will hate it. Others will love it. Just keep on writing, because you can never make it right for everyone.

There will always be people who try to force you into a box or try to stop you from writing. Don't listen to them. Most people are afraid that you could get famous and they won't. Or they realise that you have a certain power (over you characters at least).

Writers are intimidating. It's just like that. But so are people who know exactly what they want.

I know she's your mother, so you can't just ignore her. Have you tried to find a community, a forum, for writers and get their professional opinions? This always helped me (my parents thing writing is stupid and doesn't do anything).