1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the lesbians who are in a relationship

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sealgirl19, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

How do you do it? Was it hard for you to find your mate. What relationship advice would you give for someone who would be starting their first relationship or who is looking for a partner?

2. Siarad

I didn't get a girlfriend for two and a half years after coming out (and 15 years after suspecting I was gay) and didn't think it would ever happen but I ended up meeting my girlfriend through a gay walking group.

One if the things that really surprised me was that I found out lots of things about her after we got together that make us more compatible not less. Personality traits and quirks that she keeps secret from most people but that I love.

In terms of advice -
    - Try not to get too discouraged if you don't find a relationship straight away, in my experience it really does happen when you least expect it and are not looking for it, that's why it works. I tried online dating and went to loads of groups secretly hoping to meet someone but never did. Then I went to a mostly male, mostly older gay camp with my (mostly male, mostly older) friends and met my girlfriend. I never expected to find a girlfriend there so I was much more relaxed and myself and I think that's why it worked.