1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Blue0090, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

I had girlfriends before but I've never been with a guy. Getting a boyfriend is much harder than getting a gf coz sumtyms u dont kno if the guy u like is straight or not. so can u guys give me tips and advices how to tell if a guy is bi or gay? thanks a lot dude

2. Kimi

Unfortunately, my "gaydar" sucks so I can't give you any good tips...

Does anyone has good gaydar?? I'd like to know some tips too:help:

3. 24601

If I knew I wouldn't be single. Best advice would be to come out and let them approach you, unless of course that's not possible. I've met 3 gay guys since I came out fully. Not dating any of them, or really want to for that matter, but knowing they're out there is cool.

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's (sadly) to foolproof way. From what I've read and experienced, the best thing is to hang out one-on-one, alone, with a guy you're into and see what develops. Well the best thing barring him coming out to you and you to him, I mean. *grin*

5. SpikySpice

I think my gay dar is working sumtimes, but sumtimes it is out of batteries and there is noway I can charge it again:eusa_doh:

Well, from my expereineces, I can say taht most gay gusy gssip with girls more than with guys, taht is only one side. But my ex used to use girls as to test my feelings...

Dont ever rely on stereotypes tho cuz some fit some dont. Cuz teh gay community is a chaos, there are many various types of gay, appearance, atitudes, or colors.

If a guy is atractive to you, he will act weird around you, do dumb things to get your attention, but you have to make sure taht he is doing it to you, not the girl who sits next to you

And you will have the feeling that some guy is liking you, cuz it feel wierd, like you have the urge:lol:

6. SadConfusedBandGeek

Lol the best way is probably to tell them that YOUR gay, and see wut they say lol.

Personally i have no gaydar...at all. Someone stole it:frowning2:

7. xxAngelOnFirexx

i feel that i have a nice gaydar in perfect working condicion. I just look for the basic sterotypes first. Like high voice in guys, or a bit of a femine look/outfit. For girls i look for what they're wearing and their hair style(lesbian tend to have real short or spiky hair).
    one big thing is any sort of rainbow they are wearing. whether it be flip-flops, a headband, a necklace, a pin... real obvious. i also watch mannerisms. i always seem to spot the gay guys and gurls fast when i walk through a mall. or at least i feel i know whos gay and straight! confidence helps!

advice though? I'd get to know someone. then as a secret tell them ur gay/bi. then if they say that they are too then a little later (with some flirting) ask them out! thats how it worked with my last two girlsfriends... gotta be friends before girlfriends! (guyfriends for you though).

Good Luck!:thumbsup:

8. ampthejazz

My gaydar isn't the greatest, but there are some things that I notice.

For example, if a hot girl walks into the room, and he is checking her out, then he's probably straight. If he completely dismisses it, he might be gay. MIGHT be.

9. Red87

I've personally had the total opposite.. I've had no luck getting with females, but all the luck in the world getting with guys.. I dunno, maybe I'm just lucky :slight_smile:

10. Micah

This is true.

When someone knows you're gay, they're more likely to open up to you (and tell you whether they're gay).

11. LowestVocal017

:angry: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :angry:

*ehehem* So, I guess that means that your gaydar won't work on me. :grin:

12. raar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok, well i think the best thing you can do is be open and also to really participate in whatever you can, all your interests, and just put yourself out there to meet people and get to know them. i am not saying throw yourself at people but make as many friends as possible. the more people you know the more likely you will find someone that suites you.

my gaydar is weird, cause i tend to think a bunch of straight people are really gay, although it does work once in a great while. such as once i was taking an exam in a lecture hall when some kid just walked in on the other side and sat down with some girl, now i could not even see his face, all i could tell was that his shirt was red but for some reason right away i knew he was gay. and later that night, i found out he actually was.

13. raar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    there was no logic or trick about it, i just think it goes off on so many guys i am bound to be correct once in a great while

14. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to think about the same stereotypes. Unfortunately, I have not found them to be accurate. The group study I attend on Monday night has about 10 people in it. Out of all of them, only one fits the "classic" stereotypes of gay people. :eek: It is wierd, as it kind of blew my "gaydar" out of the water. I am finding though, I am definitely attracted to those who don't fit the "classic" stereotype. Actually, the person I have a crush is pretty perfect (although I don't know her well), but the only thing that drives me crazy is she wears men's jeans and does the whole saggy thing (not really low though). I can't imagine her in a dress, but it would be good if she got a new pair of jeans.

15. bigmoney521

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My gaydar is awful. I always end up having crushes on straight guys. It is getting ridiculous trying to find a cute gay guy thats interested in me, at this rate I won't find a boyfriend until I'm in college.

16. crimsonarcher

someone's a little lucky..:icon_bigg

17. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooo i have the best gaydar of all. All i do is see if the person I'm interested in checks me out or flirst with me. It's not full proof but chances are if somones flirting with you and contanly checking you out than somethings up.