1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aromantic People Here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by purplewolf6, Nov 8, 2016.

1. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi, was just wondering if any were here? Sexually and Emotionally I feel like my attraction towards men and women will remain I'm just doubtful of any romantic relationship for me. Funny if I speak on this I'm considered pessimistic because seems like we're all fed to believe there is a special love for us all. I'll pass lol.

I admit I contradict myself believing my feelings may change down the line but maybe? I've actually grown to accept this more though. I think it comes down to me struggling to make friends and keep close relationships active. That and I'm anti-social. We'll see. Thank you all for reading this!

2. Brytaleith

Hello! I'm one of the aromantic people on this site!

I'm not sure I get the rest of the post though. Are you introducing yourself as an aro or are you questioning if you're aro? Sorry, I have a hard time understanding communications in text form.

3. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Nice to meet you! I was questioning if I was aromantic. Sorry it's recent and taking me time to decipher.

4. Brytaleith

Nah, questioning's nothing to apologize for. It's a very important process, like experimentation is to scientists, so take your time. Just make sure you can separate the asocial/introvert feelings from the aromantic feelings, because that's a common point of confusion in trying to determine aromanticism. Good luck and have fun!

5. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks same to you. It's still a recent process like you said I'll take my time. When I got my first attraction to someone also male it took me months to consider myself bisexual afterwards. Not putting a time limit on whether I'll consider myself aromantic or not but lately I'm leaning towards that way. Again thanks.

6. UnicornMel

Hey guys!

I'm an aromantic asexual who has been looking for some other aromantics on the site.

Best wishes,
    Mel

7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I identify as queer. Technically speaking I am asexual, maybe leaning gay. Regardless I am not interested in any kind of romantic relationship at all. So maybe this fits the aromantic label. Though like I said, identifying as queer is easier for me than having to explain that "I sometimes find men attractive but don't want sex or romance."

It is alright to work through your thoughts. No pressure to figure yourself out all at once and prescribe to a label, if you are not comfortable with one yet.

8. UnicornMel

Well, there is something called aesthetic attraction, which literally means that you find people attractive but have no desire to have sex or romance with them.

9. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not quite sure that I am. I might be, it's kind of eh. I technically classify my romantic interest as panromantic, but if I am being honest I don't want a relationship. I don't want to have another person hugging, kissing, and depending on me. It just makes my skin crawl.

What's holding me back is that I have, and still do form romantic attraction in people. I just don't want to follow through with that attraction.

At the end of the day sex is the only thing completely off the table for me, and considering a lot of people (including my current crush) need that, I doubt I will ever be in a romantic (or physical - obviously) relationship.

I'm also not a huge fan of labels (at least not past the technical state of HAVING to have one), so eh, whatever.