1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long hair problems

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pinkpanther, Nov 11, 2016.

1. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey champs,

To the people with long hair, what kind of products do you use and how do you take care of your hair?

I've noticed recently that my hair has become more fragile and frizzy, which I don't like. So, I'm thinking of changing some things. I asked my hairdresser yesterday, but he said that my hair was fine, but to me it sure doesn't look like that.

2. Gay Deputy

I don't have long hair bud but my mom swore by horse mane and tail shampoo. I just googled it before posting this and it seems to be pretty popular (and cheap). May give it a go or at least read the google results on it. Like I said, I wear a high and tight so I don't really have any personal recommendations.

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Coconut oil for the win!

I use it about twice a month and it's incredible for me. It is not for everyone though, from what I've read, but you can always give it a shot!

Another thing I do (not very often, maybe once every 2-3 months or so) is mix coconut oil with an egg, apply it and leave it in for 20 minutes before washing it. Coconut oil alone can be left in for much longer but when you mix it with egg it can get weird if you leave it too long. This thing works like a charm for me, I can't say if the same will be exactly true for you because a lot depends on environment and genetics, but this is what I do!

4. Gay Deputy

Not saying it's the same but along the egg route...I've often heard to mix a raw egg in with dog food occasionally to help with its coat. You might google along those lines

5. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have long, naturally curly hair. I co-wash then use a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks and, avoid heat styling or drying when possible. Also use ONLY a wide tooth comb on it while it's wet, it's most fragile then so, brush out before washing and comb gently after.

6. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used one coconut oil to help me deal with dandruff, but I had short hair back then. I'm not sure it would be helpful now, but I guess it doesn't hurt from trying.

7. lindanexus

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Coconut oil is definitely great for hair and have been using it from long back. But, I also use Almond oil. You can try some natural hair masks ans hope that helps.