1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help remembering a book

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nightowl88, Nov 11, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I really need some help trying to remember the title of this book. Here another issue I'm not actually 100% sure this is actually a book because it's a memory from when I was like 9 and I am not very sure about which of my memories from them are actually real because I made up a lot of stories for myself but it's groupies with my memories of reading "are you there god it's me Margaret" so I think there is a chance this is an actual book. So it's about a girl who's around 10 or 11 and she is moving and during changing schools her name which starts with a j gets changed to John so at school she pretends she is a boy and she cuts her hair and wears large clothes to hide her developing chest. She gets away with it until she catches some of the boys in her class trying to pull up a girls shirt to look at her chest and so the girl goes to defend her and she ends up having to tell them she's actually a girl.
    To be honest I'm shocked I remember that much if the summary. My mom says she thinks she knows what I'm talking about but she can't really remember either. I was really wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about so I can try and find it online. Thanks for helping my craziness.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is definitely a book by that title. I remember it.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A quick online search reveals:

"Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret" is a 1970 book by Judy Blume.