1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you guys agree?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Worgen2, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

If you had lets say 6 boyfriends or more in the past and all of them ended up not keeping there word, cheated or lied, etc do not assume that your current boyfriend will be the same and if you don't trust your current one it's your problem and you need to move on to the future. If they said clearly that you need to forget the past and I' am nothing like your ex's then you need to fully trust them and know that he will never brake up with you. Also if you been with him for almost 2 years would you say what he says is true? Meaning if he said this a year ago in the two year relationship then it's true?

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2016 at 09:06 AM ----------

Like if you don't trust him and he gets upset since you don't trust him when he fully trusts you then it's your problem and you need to look to the future and trust him.

2. Godless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he has never broken your trust, then you should trust him. What he is saying is not wrong, but it is also too simple. Usually honest communication can fix things like this. Hopefully you can realize there are trustworthy people. There is a reason you ended up with six untrustworthy ones. It will take a little honest self-reflection to figure out why and of course that is all easier said than done. The point is while it is harder to establish trust when you've been hurt so many times, if it's been two years and there is no reason not to trust your boyfriend, then why hasn't he earned it by now?

3. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

I was just wondering in general this is just an example of could be anyone in the world if who ever you are with says they are different and not like your ex's then you can fully trust them that they will never all of the sudden say I can't be with you and just can be best friends or need to sort things out and have to have us as best friends for now until later or can't be with you period? I' am just giving examples but something similar or like this can this happen? Or it's for sure not going to happen since who ever you are with says it won't ever happen?

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would not say that if someone new in your life knows about your past with cheated boyfriends,etc. and then they say to you that I am not like the others. Well..those are just words and do mean anything unless its proven. However, as you mentioned if someone has been with you for two years and everything has been great then in my opinion there is no need to put him in the category of those guys from your past because you are still in a relationship with him and apparently...he has been proven himself as not being like the others because you would not still be in that relationship. Furthermore...at the end of the day...nothing in life is guaranteed. You will just have to take one day at a time and enjoy the moment and the time spent for what its worth.

5. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trust is earned, not given freely. If he has proven trustworthy then, trust him, if not tell him why - and it had better be because of HIM and HIM alone, not because of other people from your past.

Yes, having a rocky past can make it harder to trust, I understand that and, it's something you need to be upfront about early in a relationship but, after some time, you should be basing trust of the person SOLELY on your experiences with them, not on anything from your past at all. I think one year is sufficient to decide if they have totally earned your trust or not. Some never do and, some earn it much faster.

Personally I trust everyone I know to some degree, with some things but, there is only one person in my life that I trust 100%, across the board, with anything and everything. The one person that knows things even a long term partner would never know about me.