1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18 year old broody lesbian...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PigsCanFly, Nov 22, 2016.

1. PigsCanFly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So the title says all really! I'm 18, finishing my A-Levels and going to uni next year but for some reason I keep feeling really broody! I think it feels worse because I know that to have a child I'd need to plan a lot more than a straight couple would. And obviously I only want to have a child when I'm financially stable and when I've been in relationship for a considerable amount of time. Even though I know I can't and shouldn't have a baby now, I can't help but really want a family!

So I guess my question is, does anyone else feel like this now or in the past? Is there anything that might help/make it worse?

Thanks guys! :thumbsup::slight_smile::icon_bigg:dry:

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    During which part of your menstrual cycle do you experience the strongest broodiness? Near your period? That's normal. Our bodies are designed to make us want to reproduce around the time we're ovulating, which is usually (and I stand to be corrected of course) about a week before our period.

I used to get really broody too but I now know I don't want kids. I'm bipolar for one, and don't want to risk carrying it over to my kids, or theirs. Not only that, but I am also a very selfish person when it comes to "me" time. I want to watch what I want, go where I want, sleep late, and only ever have to worry about myself. A kid changes that. Once there's a child in the picture, be it a baby or toddler, or older, you no longer have yourself. Your kid(s) and their needs come first. Everything revolves around them. It's a massive sacrifice, but also a massive blessing to have kids. I'll give it a skip but won't discourage others from having or wanting kids. This is only MY views and how I feel.

It's normal for you to become broody, even when you're not near your period. Everybody ultimately wants to pass on their genes, or at least raise a child to be a lot like them in the case where adoption is the best option. I can't really advise you on how to limit the broodiness, but I can tell you that it is perfectly normal. You seem to be very wise for your age, knowing that you have to be financially stable at the very least. I say just enjoy your feelings and keep the dream alive. I'm sure you'd make a wonderful parent, and you will find a partner who loves kids as much, if not more, as you.

3. PigsCanFly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for your reply! Yeah, I definitely need to be financially stable because I don't want my kids to have to worry about money. I don't want to spoil them though, but I don't want them to have to experience what I have with money growing up. It's obviously not my parents fault, they try their hardest and we have what we need but I want my kids to be able to do clubs and go on school trips ect.

I think the best thing to stop the broodiness is probably just to stop worrying about it. Thank you so much for your help and kind words! :icon_bigg:slight_smile:(!)