1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting threats

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by scxred, Nov 28, 2016.

1. scxred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I recently told a guy I was talking to that i wont be meeting him as Ive found another guy who I really fancy. He started threatening me saying hes going to make my life a living hell and saying hes evil and he hates me even though me and him barely spoke and we never even decided to meet up. It seemed clear to me that he was also struggling with his sexuality and accepting that hes gay.

---------- Post added 28th Nov 2016 at 01:40 AM ----------

He also said hes going to make sure that I feel unloved and unwanted when he completes what hes doing (hes basically planning it all now). He also mades threats to 'run me down to the ground'. and that society will see me as a failure and wont bring me in once hes done what hes done.

2. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    contact the police!

3. Linkmaste

Well this is my field.

First and foremost. Collect all messages, Facebook or MSN or whatever. Keep a record of what he said and when he said it. Second, tell the police what's going on and present the messages. The fact you have evidence will help than just saying it.

Third, give a warning to this guy. Tell him you have the messages and you're going to get in touch with the police. Either he will back off or if he persists, go theseouch police.

Tell someone what'd going on and if you're really afraid he will actually come after you, play it safe. No walking alone from work, change up your routine. Lock your doors etc.

Police can give him a verbal warning but if you have cause he will be violent or has access to weapons mention that as well.

Hope this helps and please keep in touch.

4. scxred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He also goes to the same uni as me and I know his first name, I dont seem have the pic of him that he had sent me when we first started chatting, but I know what he looks like. I just dont have any clue about what he will do..

5. Linkmaste

Does he have any of the same classes as you? Of so notify professors or the head cordinator of your program.

It's good you have a picture of him but what about the messages? Do you have them?

6. scxred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have the messages, not the pic because i had reset my phone so lost our old convo, but i know exactly how he looks like and I've seen on a gay app beginning with g and im sure Id see him on there again. and no hes in a different year to me, Im in my first year (hes in his second or third).

7. Linkmaste

Okay good. It's good you know what he looks like. Have you met this man before irl? And if you don't feel comfortable contacting the police please go to student services at your university and confide in a student relations rep or a councillor they will help you in who to talk to and what steps you can tale.

But biggest thing is stay with your friends and if you are out late in class or at the pub then have security walk you to your car. Sounds dumb but saved me and few times.