1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where you ever accused of being gay before realizing you actually are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Queerboy, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Queerboy

Queerboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've always kept my attraction to guys a secret but the first time in 7th grade a "friend" called me gay.

But since then I've realized I am sexually attracted to other boys

2. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

That was never the case for me. I always knew about my sexual preferences even though I was too afraid to confront myself and face the truth. I pretended I liked girls to the point where I just couldn't handle it anymore. I've come out to several people ever since. I don't really talk about my sexuality unless it's with someone who knows about me. I'm not letting everyone know but I'm not denying it either. I have to pretend sometimes, of course. I don't have a choice.

3. KYSS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really, but when my mom asked If I was gay because I wasn't thinking to get a girlfriend, marry, have kids and spend the rest of my life with her. I've already knew what was going on. So I said " no mom, I'm not interested in no one right now and never been sexually" She was kind of suprised. She still thinks I'm straight though and waiting for the right one.

4. Linkmaste

A lot during that elementary high school transition. I wore 'boy' clothes and I liked drawing anime girls and I got teased that I was a lesbian. Meh turns out they're right.

5. Qwertuvle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had two older brothers growing up...

So yes.

6. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah the kids used to say I was gay in elementary school. Turns out they were right. :slight_smile:

7. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh definitely. I got teased and bullied in high school... the reasons were really stupid. I got called gay because I played flute and I was told I should play a more "man" instrument like saxophone...
    Also, once in English class, a guy turned around and said to the teacher that I would do well in poetry because I was gay... she cut him down to size though.
    I was not out at school at all... yet I got teased. This forced me far into the closet.

8. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a kid , I played around with my grandmothers jewlry box , but I just loved the colors and such.

With my mom , she did not want me to watch any girl shows cause I should like boy stuff . She would immidiantly turn off the TV when they air( yet , I saw nothing wrong with it XD).

IN public school, I came out to myself at the age of 12. no one knew that I was gay . Hell , a homophobic bully ( that shoots gay people with BB guns and the like ) said I was the straightest person he ever met . So I guess I am lucky for that XD.

9. Linkmaste

A saxophone was more manly? :roflmao:

I didn't know musical instruments had degrees of gender. I laughed a little this was funny. Glad the teacher knocked him down a peg.

#9 Linkmaste, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  10. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know right!! LOL ... I mean ... every flute teacher I had back then were guys.. and straight married guys... I was like... wth! LOL...
    I had no idea instruments could dictate sexuality ... who knew???? lmao.

I was glad the English teacher stepped in. I actually found out a few years after high school that she was gay and dating one of my music teachers :eek:
    Maybe she sensed I was and was in a way helping... I wish I could thank her.

11. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wasn't accused of being gay, but I was accidentally "accused" of being trans at a time when I was only starting to question whether I was or not. Me and some family went to an amusement park and my cousin (who is trans, himself), asked me "So what name do you prefer to go by?" It took me a second before what he was asking hit me.

Turns out his mom already presumed I was trans at a time when I didn't even know, myself. It's actually kind of funny. :roflmao:

#11 ThatBorussenGuy, Nov 30, 2016
  12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes many times.

13. Glowing Eyes

As a joke, I've been accused of being gay A LOT back in 8th grade.

14. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This may be the case with me, my dad (un-accepting) once called me gay at a time when I would have never considered it - it was simply because I wasn't into sports and had never had a girlfriend.

Of course, now if he knew what kind of thoughts were going through my head he'd have a heart attack.

15. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely. I remember there was this time when I was in music class and a bunch of girls were watching the music video for Ed Sheeran’s “A team” and they were giggling.

One of them said “I bet (my name) likes it” and another replied “Yeah, I bet she likes it because of the woman”. Then they asked me if I liked her and kept giggling, and I thought it was odd because at the time I didn’t understand what they were getting at.

I also fell for the “who’s gay?” joke a lot. Basically, it’d go like this.

Person A: They’re gay.
    Person B: Who?
    Person A: You, for asking.

The joke was that the person asking “who?” was gay for wanting to know who else was (because clearly, they’re scouting for dates) that was the logic behind it anyway.

There was also this time where I was on a school trip and we stayed over somewhere that had bunk-beds. A girl from another room asked me if I had slept in the same bed (implying sleeping together, aka intimacy…) as this other girl, and when I said “yes, we shared bunk-beds” they burst out laughing and the girl from the top bunk face-palmed. :eusa_doh: That was more a matter of me being naive though. :grin:

As for when I did know, but wasn’t out, I got a lot of teasing comments and accusations. But since this thread isn’t about that, I’ll stop this post here. :icon_wink

16. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One day during summer school, someone started to spread a rumor about me making out with a girl in the locker room when she was really putting sunscreen on my face for me (because pe during summer school was outside and I am super sensitive to the sun). That was when I still thought I was straight.

#16 AgenderMoose, Nov 30, 2016
  17. Guff

A friend of mine told me I was gay a lot, I kinda "cuddled" with him sometimes LOL He told me he's pro-lgbt but I told him I'm NOT gay.
    Turns out, he was right

18. tornwings

Yes, actually. Throughout early elementary school I was called gay multiple times because I would unashamedly tell anyone I thought was pretty or handsome that they were (I tended to not think before I said things back then XD). A lot of people held that against me in later years and I was bullied constantly. That was when I learned to shut my mouth. I also learned how f*cked up our society is.

19. Lulamoon

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone once asked me if I was gay, but that's it.

I don't know how many times people have called me a girl, mostly due to my long hair. Only one instance come to mind about this.

Back in... high school? I was active in the LDS (Mormon) Church, and would go to the Temple every few months. One time doing this, I was the only male in the group. Since everyone there wears the same white clothes and I had long hair, I was mistaken for a girl.

Every time someone has called me a girl, it felt somewhat right, though I never knew why at the time. I would certainly like to be "mistaken" for a girl now.

20. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. People generally are surprised to find that I am gay--also I came out in a time and place (Utah, over twenty years ago) where you just didn't really think that actual people you might know were gay, it just wasn't really on anyone's radar.