1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to know if a girl is gay/bi without asking her?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by reny, Nov 30, 2016.

1. reny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    As a bi girl I hate stereotypes, but doesn't everyone? There's this girl I like at school. She dresses in a very stereotypical "male" way. She never wears pink and almost never wears bright colours, it's not because she's shy. She wears flannels and dress shirts. She has never had a boyfriend (that I know of, but we live in a small town where everyone knows everyone's business) and never talks about boys. She had a group of friends where two of them are gay guys and one of the girls looks like a stereotypical lesbian.
    I'm incredibly shy, I have social anxiety, and can't work up any nerve to talk to her. She's in two of my classes, and she talks to some of my friends. :help:

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She is probably bi or gay. I think you should talk to her. Just go up to her and talk about anything and make her your gf okay? Alright :slight_smile:

3. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well in my opinion . The only way to know for sure is to ask. Alot of people think I am straight ( due to me acting somewhat normal ) and they surprise that they learn I am gay

Everything will be fine trust me on that. I bet she will most likely be understanding and loving wether she likes you back or not . :slight_smile:

4. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sounds very likely that she is gay from that description. Way too many indicators have come together for you to keep assuming she's straight.

Try and enter into a conversation with her and one of your mutual friends perhaps to take the edge off it? Or since she's in your class work up by asking her something really mundane like if you can borrow a pen, and then hopefully you can work up a courage to get some conversation flowing by easing in with some small talk about class. If you can eventually get a compliment in that'd help. You can go as slow as you wantif your social anxiety is holding you back - just start with your friend as a crutch or by just asking for a pen, little steps. But often not doing anything at all and staying in your head can be a lot worse - so definitely act! You may very well get somewhere with her because she seems rather gay to me from that description! Good luck!