1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT parents and children

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Queerboy, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Queerboy

Queerboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just a curious question are there any parents on here who are LGBT and also have children who have children who are LGBT, or LGBT children who have parents who are also LGBT?

For the parents -
    -were you always open about your sexuality?
    -How did you found out about you children liking the same sex? -
    -Who came out first?
    -at what age did you come out?
    -how did you explain it to your children?
    -did you suspect your children were also into the same sex before they came out?

For the children
    - what age did you know you were attracted to the same sex?
    - How did you learn what your sexuality was?, what was your parents reaction when you told them?
    -how did you learn about your parents sexuality?

---------- Post added 30th Nov 2016 at 10:40 PM ----------

When I got out of high school I worked at a grocery store and this really cute preppy guy Matthew who I guess subs consciously was attracted to.

Turns out he's gay and so is his mom.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have heard a couple people like this. I remember this one lady was married to her husband for 20 years and they had 4 kids and then she realized she was a lesbian ended her marriage and began a new life with her partner. Well later on she finds out her son is also gay.

Then there was this one girl and her, her sister, and her dad were all bisexual.

Then there was this one where the dad was gay and so was the son.

So yeah it happens.

3. Gay Deputy

One of my best friends from HS is gay and his mother is a lesbian. They are both law enforcement officers also. She taught some of my HS classes and is the reason I chose law enforcement. As far as your questions...I have no idea. I'll have to get him on this site.

4. jem17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i learnt i was bisexual at 12 and that i didnt fit into the "female" or "male" sections of the binary at 14.

i looked at both of the genders of the kids at my intermediate and thought "do i want to be them or be with them?" and crushes sorta developed from there. my mum told me it was a phase at first but its been a couple of years and shes okay with it but wants me to date someone of the opposite sex as "its easier and she gets grandkids" and my dad is very supportive of me dating either sex and said he wouldnt mind me bringing a girl home as i cant get pregnant from her.

one of my family members friends found my dad on a gay dating website and hes now married to a female so im assuming hes bi/pan? i know assuming is bad but im too scared to tell him i know. so i dont know if that counts?

5. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two children myself, but they are not really yet at the point where they would even think about such issues. From my side, I've not really had the conversation with them yet, just because it hasn't really come up, with them both so young and me being single so long (not anymore though, but my relationship still fresh).

When they are older I have no issues with being completely open with them about it. Hope that is at least insightful. Feel free to respond or pm me if you have anything you would like to ask.

Happy days :slight_smile: