1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does teeth job count as sugery?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonybg, Dec 5, 2016.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

I plan on fixing my teeth because they look disgusting. Does that mean I'll be fake afterwards?

Also, is getting plastic surgery worth it? I just don't like my appearance.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it isn't plastic surgery,and no, you won't be fake afterwarss

3. Poroyl

Poroyl Guest

It's not plastic surgery, but you do alter your appearance, so physically, you are not the same person you were before.
    But you can apply that on pretty much everything. You bought new jeans, you pierced your ear, you gained/lost some weight, you grew one cm.
    I plan to "fix" a few of my teeth myself, and I have no worries about being fake or "edited". Do what feels comfortable for you.

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Isn't that expensive? Unless you can get your parents to pay for it, my concern wouldn't be fakeness, it would be money. I would never spend thousands of dollars on my appearance because I could buy so many things much cooler than fancy teeth or a different nose, like a fancy computer, lots of fancy art supplies, or lots of extra horseback riding lessons, or I could pay off part of my student loans. I wouldn't treat anyone differently or regard them as "fake" because they had cosmetic surgery, but if I had that kind of money to spend, I would spend it on something cooler.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does at my doctor's office. At least wisdom teeth removal anyway.

6. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Fixing your teeth definitely doesn't make you fake. Whether it is surgery or not - irrelevant.

7. iiimee

Okay, honestly, even if you got surgery to look like a doll, that wouldn't make you "fake". People are only fake when they are trying to please others and never focus on themselves- if you're doing that, then you're "fake", but in this case, you seem to be doing this for you, so who cares what anyone else thinks? Go be you!

8. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With fixing your teeth, depending on what you mean by that, it could be surgery as they would put you under to remove your teeth. Then you'd have to wait for that to heal, then you'd go back to get posts to put in so that implants could replace your teeth. My aunt who had this done was on a diet of non solid foods for close to 18 months but then again she had some complications with the implants.

I don't know if that was what you were talking about but it's not a one and done kind of thing. It's very expensive and from what I've heard it's incredibly painful.

9. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it does, and no, it does not mean you'd be fake.

Honestly, it's a bit offensive for you to say that.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had all my upper teeth crowned in a single protracted procedure. I'm pretty sure my dental insurance did not consider it entirely cosmetic because they covered about 80% of it (although I do have very good insurance). It was still very expensive but I think it was totally worth it.

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dental surgery doesn't fall under the category of plastic surgery, obviously, regardless of whether it's for cosmetic purposes, but a lot of people have it done.

I very much doubt you'd feel 'fake' if you had had orthodontic braces as a child. Catching up on that at a later stage with dental surgery is an exact equivalent. If up to now it was merely a matter of money preventing orthodontics earlier in life, then that is absolutely a reasonable thing to do.

Your teeth are something you have throughout most of your life. Making those changes if they will make you more confident is absolutely worth it.

12. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if it would be cosmetic surgery. It's quite common. I had mine done. And having bad teeth can harm your overall health and hygiene, so It's not always a superficial thing anyway.

13. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a teenager I didn't have money to fix my teeth and that is something I regret to this day. If you need braces get them. They will make your life much easier in the future.