1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astrology and sexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonybg, Dec 6, 2016.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Do you think zodiac signs, date of birth, position of planets (and astrology in general) play a role in our sexuality/sex roles, appearance, behavior, etc?

Take me for example. I'm a libra, born on September 27th, 1999 at approximately 12 PM. I'm a gay bottom (or maybe versatile), tall, dark-haired... A friend of mine who's into that kind of stuff also made me a natal chart and most (if not all) of the things he said about me based on it were true. So, do you think all those things determine our characteristics and looks or is it just a conincidence?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Scientifically speaking, no, the position of planets and that sort of thing does not influence our sexuality. There is no evidence of that happening.

3. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There could be some things in a chart that could lead to acting more feminine , but I would not think in western astrology you can determine someones sexuality .

If its vedic astrology tho then they can to a point.

4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    *Ahem*

Short answer: no.

Long answer: zodiac signs/the positioning of planets/whatever else have little to no influence on how we look or act. Horoscopes and whatnot are purposely designed to be vague in such a way that makes us believe that whatever they say applies directly to us. Take this for an example -- "At some point in your life, you have dealt with a big internal struggle that you may consider behind you, but in reality it still plagues your thoughts". The truth is, situations like these applies to pretty much everyone. But the specific wording of the statement (including "you" pronouns), and the (vague) references to time periods in your life makes you believe that the "predictions" or "readings" directly relates to you. In other words, it's mostly designed to trick you into believing that horoscopes have some special significance, when it really does not.