1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians, would you date a bisexual girl?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Georgia111, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Georgia111

I've been hearing stories of lesbians not wanting to date bisexuals. Would u ever date a bisexual girl?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very strongly depends on the situation, just like it would depend on whether I would date a lesbian with similar problems. Is she monogamous? Is she looking for a long-term relationship? Does she have experience with the LGBT community (You don't have to have actually dated or slept with a woman, but I want someone who understands our culture more than straight culture). Do you agree that sex and virginity loss is not limited to hetero penetration?

If so, it would probably be fine. I'm not trying to imply that bisexuals are not monogamous or into relationships with women or anything, but I've met a lot of heteromantic bisexuals that weren't upfront about their intentions. So I would specifically not date them.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Georgia111

Umm well, i asked lesbians and ur a gay male :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but thanks anyway :slight_smile:

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he was joking. lol

I would date a bi-girl, absolutely.....oh wait, I am a bi-girl. I'd still date one though.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^Hehehe yes I was :slight_smile:

7. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as she's into girls, monogamous, and doesn't have a history of cheating I'm fine. I'm not trying to say that people who are bisexual cheat...I just don't trust anyone that has a history of cheating because I've been cheated on too many times.

8. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...I agree with this, completely, and it puts what I was thinking into words. :eusa_clap

9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was going to say something, but it looks like everything I've thought as been covered already. As long as somebody manages to be somehow attracted to me of all people and she's my type why the heck not?~

That's a hypothetical situation however. I have a feeling I'll be single for a long time. I'm awfully picky and anyone who happens to be gay here is either in the closet or a busy paramedic apparently. Hah.

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes of course. I don't think there is any reason why a bi girl should be any more likely to cheat than a lesbian. I think it's a stupid stereotype.

11. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would.

But it would depend strongly on her view: If she thinks that, because she's dating a lesian, having sex with a man isn't cheating, I would not date her. Otherwise: Yes ^^

12. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would date whoever I fall for, regardless of if they are bisexual or lesbian! That seems horribly biased to not date someone only because of their bisexuality.

13. Impa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, what if she secretly prefers men and ends up leaving me for one? So definitely, no.

14. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Surely even if you date another lesbian they can leave you or cheat on you, I don't see how this should be a stereotype for bi people.

15. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Will probably get hate for this, but here goes.

It feels way worse to be cheated on with a man, IMO. I was left for a man by a lesbian (closeted, couldn't accept it) so I wouldn't refuse a bisexual based on this. But it doesn't change the fact I'd rather my partner sleep with another woman behind my back than a man.

It has to do with power imbalances in society. If I'm cheated on for another woman, I get the pain of being cheated on, but nothing else. Being cheated on for a man includes both the pain of being cheated on and the insecurity that he was her "real sex" (lots of people think only PIV counts as sex), her "real relationship" (hetero couples are seen as romantic while lesbian ones are seen as casual fooling around), the "better/more valid relationship (heteronormitivity), the guy who could provide children, and so on. The partner of better benefits. Men are at the top of the totem pole, lesbians are at the bottom and we are constantly shit on and erased every day. A lot of lesbians have so many insecurities being compared to hetero sex and relationships because we lack equal rights and feel inferior.

It's still my insecurity because of how bad I was treated by society. I try not to be the one who refuses all bi people based on this fear, as lesbians can also have internalized homophobia and do the same thing. But the insecurity and jealousy over men is far greater for me than with other women.

16. Choisya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Think most points have already been covered by other people here but I would absolutely date a bi girl if we were both into each other.

17. dublinz

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Nope. Forced myself into the lesbian label for 35 years (before choosing to GRS) and def would not. Too many left to go back to the penis.

18. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn. I thought there'd be less people generalizing bisexual people on here?? Like wow. We have a lot of work to do. Hell yes I would date a bi girl! As long as she likes me and I like her it's all good. I honestly do not care how she feels about men as long as she's happy being with me. As for being cheated on, well that's her loss and my opportunity to get stronger. If she's happier with someone else then good luck to her. I will not invalidate her or degrade her using her sexual orientation. It's just wrong and against literally EVERYTHING the LGBTQ community stands for. I will not stand for it and neither should any other queer person, whether you're male, female, both, or neither.

19. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No hating you are entitled to your opinion and of course previous experiences are going to influence how you feel on the matter. I was just interested really. I guess it is unfortunate that the bad bi girls ruin it for the others.

20. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry, bisexuality is not a dealbreaker and I don't stereotype bisexuals as cheaters. I was just trying to explain where the insecurity might come from. The only time bisexuality might be a dealbreaker is if they are the heteromantic kind looking for threesomes, but that's not every bi girl in the world