1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Firepit5, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Firepit5

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I hate having to even start this thread. It is the zenith of every fear I've ever had. Yesterday, a man that I had been building a relationship with, a person that I personally just loved, said "Oh he is as gay as the day is long. I have no problem with those people, but I just don't know how to behave around them." WTF. I am sure you many of you have been in this situation. How on earth do you deal with that?

2. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I might be slow, but I'm a little lost. The one you're building a relationship with said this about someone else? Or someone said this about the man you're building a relationship with? Are you finding out the man you're building a relationship with is gay?

I have had to deal with some comments like that, people acting as if gay people are anything, but normal. The most recent one I've had to deal with, I had this "friend" who so desperately wanted to "save" me and "make me normal" She'd tell people I was "depressed and struggling to live a normal life" because of my lesbianism. I called her out on it about two months ago, and recently she's said she doesn't believe gay people should(or can) even have platonic friends of the same sex..so that's how she felt about me..anyway, sorry, I just ignore it, because all it's just ignorance.

3. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I might be slow, but I'm a little lost. The one you're building a relationship with said this about someone else? Or someone said this about the man you're building a relationship with? Are you finding out the man you're building a relationship with is gay?

I have had to deal with some comments like that, people acting as if gay people are anything, but normal. The most recent one I've had to deal with, I had this "friend" who so desperately wanted to "save" me and "make me normal" She'd tell people I was "depressed and struggling to live a normal life" because of my lesbianism. I called her out on it about two months ago, and recently she's said she doesn't believe gay people should(or can) even have platonic friends of the same sex..so that's how she felt about me..anyway, sorry, I just ignore it, because all it's just ignorance.