Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > General Chat > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General discussion of topics of interest to LGBT people of all ages.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 01:54 PM   #101
EC Addict

Orientation: Lesbian

Re: The "Making Friends" Thread

What?! That's a bullshit trade
Creativemind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 01:55 PM   #102
A piece of emo trash

Orientation: Gray-asexual Panromantic, baby! *non-sexual wink*
Out Status: Closet? Burned it down and danced on its ashes!

I know. But I pocketed a shiny rayquaza so I'm okay with it XD
CROSSY ROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 05:55 PM   #103
Heteropatriarch

Orientation: Biromantic Ace
Out Status: Online only

I'm too old to make new friends...I've locked in my group and it's unlikely to change.

On this site, however, I suppose I'm open to anything. I'm already out of my comfort zone posting here, but then again, my comfort zone is profoundly limited.

CROSSY ROAD, I see you're from Nevada, that's something we have in common. I don't come across many Nevadans on the internet in general.

Anyway, to those who are interested:

My name is Miles, I'm a 25-year-old graduate student from northern Nevada, I'm Hispanic, I study philosophy and English literature, I am deeply interested in religion, ethics, religious history, language history, and current social issues. I'm a frequent debater and player of devil's advocate. I'm socially inept, but I do enjoy a good party with close friends. I feel especially at home out in nature and use every opportunity I can to get outside.

Those are some preliminaries, I'll stop it there before I scare anyone off
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 06:02 PM   #104

Orientation: Questioning
Out Status: Not out at all

*Makes Friends*
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 06:18 PM   #105

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: A few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by loepis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd04 View Post

Psychology is amazing! I'm going to school to be a criminal psychologist.
Wow! Criminal psychologist? Is it similar to a profiler or BAU?

Hey, everyone! I am Lisa, will turn 32 next year.
I used to watch anime in my school days, but now, not really. I still watch TV shows regularly from comedies (Frasier, Black-ish, Modern Family) to sci-fi (Black Mirror) to police procedural (Criminal Minds, Mentalist).
Hi Lisa! I love Frasier! Definitely one of my favorite shows. Modern Family is great as well.
To answer your question, TBH I'm not sure haha. As far as I know the difference is that the BAU helps out with crimes that are on a time crunch or of high status and a profiler studies a criminals behavior for clues to capture them. While a criminal psychologist studies every part of a criminal to know why they do what they do.
I'm not very far along, only like 3 years in that field so far. I am taking a break from that to become a certified fitness trainer.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd04 View Post

Right now I'm reading a book called "Uninvited" it's not really my style because it's pretty religious but someone got it for me and I heard it was good so why not.
What are you reading right now?
I'm reading "After Me Comes The Flood", I'm only a couple of chapters in but enjoying it so far. It's quite Gothic, which is a genre I don't read very often.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAtypicalGuy View Post

That makes sense, yoga is pretty slow and it really soothes emotions and tension. I tried yoga a few times, and I remember how nice it felt to be in such a peaceful state of mind. Having said that, I couldn't get myself to stay calm enough to keep doing all those slow movements, not without an end goal... I'm not trying it again. As for running, I totally get that. I would feel weird running into someone that I knew in person. When I run I feel like everybody knows me even if most of them don't, it's weird. Also I find that running lacks variation, so I get quite impatient when doing it. I suppose running could help to clear my mind and organise my thoughts... But so does kickboxing haha. And don't even get me started on zumba. Just no.

She really is skilled. I'm listening to her music right now, and I love how she is able to combine her violin playing with all kinds of music, from soundtrack to hip hop to dubstep. It's fantastic.
That's fair enough, it's not for everyone. Zumba is supposed to be fun, or so I've heard, but I'm so bad at it that it just makes me miserable haha.

Yeah the variation is incredible- I've just seen that she put a new album out this year *runs to listen to it*
I don't read that genre often either, perhaps I'll read it this year.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornwings View Post
Once again, thank you all for being so kind !
Creativemind- Definitely! Fantasy and sci-fi are actually my two favorite genres to write about. What about you? And I'm glad I found another psychology nerd!
AnAtypicalGuy- Yeah, there do seem to be a lot of writers here ! I wonder why that is. And I love to write about anything involving fantasy or magic. It's such an escape from how boring life can be. I am about a quarter through the Attack on Titan manga (it's reaaallllyyy long though), and it's so intense already!! I'm interested to see how things could take a twist even further. Who's your favorite character so far?
AuroraBorealis- That's awesome!! We may as well be the same person. What area of psychology are you interested in?
Kaden216- I haven't read the Naruto manga yet, but my sister has and she says it's awesome! I will have to start reading soon. What sort of websites do you create? And I'd say that really any expression of yourself counts as art, it doesn't have to be any of ways I mentioned--there are so many more forms art can take .
pd04- That's SO COOL!!! You know, my brother's girlfriend is actually in school to be a criminal psychologist too, and she says that even the training is really interesting. Any other areas of psychology you're interested in ?
Yeah, it is really fascinating! I love every area of psychology, it was hard for me to choose which field I wanted to go into with it. People are just so interesting!
It's going to be a while, though, because I'm currently taking a break from school to become a certified fitness trainer.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAZebra View Post
*Makes Friends*
Hi friend!

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote:
*Makes Friends*
Hi friend!
Old 23rd Dec 2016, 12:06 AM   #106
The counselor is IN.

Out Status: Out to everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertino View Post
I'm too old to make new friends...I've locked in my group and it's unlikely to change.

On this site, however, I suppose I'm open to anything. I'm already out of my comfort zone posting here, but then again, my comfort zone is profoundly limited.

CROSSY ROAD, I see you're from Nevada, that's something we have in common. I don't come across many Nevadans on the internet in general.

My name is Miles, I'm a 25-year-old graduate student from northern Nevada, I'm Hispanic, I study philosophy and English literature, I am deeply interested in religion, ethics, religious history, language history, and current social issues. I'm a frequent debater and player of devil's advocate. I'm socially inept, but I do enjoy a good party with close friends. I feel especially at home out in nature and use every opportunity I can to get outside.

Yay, a fellow deep thinker! Have you read any good books or articles lately?
Old 20th Mar 2017, 03:57 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertino View Post

Never too old to make new friends, Miles. But, I sometimes feel that I am too old to do a lot of stuff especially when I travel.

Hey ho, another socially awkward person. I don't do too well in big group, but I am much better at having a one on one conversation.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2017 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote:
*Makes Friends*
Hello, Zebra! Fun fact, zebra is a black horse with white stripes.
loepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 06:50 AM   #108
Tiro

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Just my Ma

Hi I'm mourning dove! I guess this will be my first post so here goes...

I love birds, (if you can't tell by the name) video games, especially those that involve strategy like LoL and total war, though I'm bad at both. I love music especially ska (streetlight manifest, the special ect) mod (the Who, the Jam, small faces) and a variety of punk ( the Clash, Cock Sparrer, BTMI). I'm obsessed with the ancient world, especially Rome, so much so that I'm learning latin. I'm a republican... haha just kidding, I'm just about the complete opposite, I'm a marxist. I plan on either becoming an ornithologist or somthing else idk I got another year of high school left

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2017 at 08:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyFrogCAT View Post
Howdy howdy howdy! I am the ALMIGHTYFROGCAT! but you can call me FrogCAT, or Sydney, or Syd, whatever floats your goat homeslice. I like me some Anime(especially RWBY), Punk Rock(Bad Religion, etc.), Ska(Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish, etc.), Computers(almost done with a new build actually), as well as anything DC or Marvel comics related, also, I'm a blue lantern and a grey Jedi.
Omg someone else who listens to ska! Irl and on the internet I can count almost everyone I met who listens to ska on one hand. Reel big fish was th first concert I ever went to. Are you into the older stuff too, like the special or madness? I sorta stayed In a very narrow lane when it came to ska because between 1983 to the late 90´s there were a lot of cheesy bands out there, but ever ska fan can count on good´ol Streetlight manifest to be freaking amazing.
Mourning Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 08:13 AM   #109
Punk Rock Girl

Orientation: Gynosexual
Out Status: Only out to me, myself, and I.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyFrogCAT View Post
Howdy howdy howdy! I am the ALMIGHTYFROGCAT! but you can call me FrogCAT, or Sydney, or Syd, whatever floats your goat homeslice. I like me some Anime(especially RWBY), Punk Rock(Bad Religion, etc.), Ska(Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish, etc.), Computers(almost done with a new build actually), as well as anything DC or Marvel comics related, also, I'm a blue lantern and a grey Jedi.
Omg someone else who listens to ska! Irl and on the internet I can count almost everyone I met who listens to ska on one hand. Reel big fish was th first concert I ever went to. Are you into the older stuff too, like the special or madness? I sorta stayed In a very narrow lane when it came to ska because between 1983 to the late 90´s there were a lot of cheesy bands out there, but ever ska fan can count on good´ol Streetlight manifest to be freaking amazing.
Ha, I actually don't know anybody else that listens to ska outside of the internet. My first ska concert was a Streetlight show, I actually just bought a ticket to one of their upcoming shows. I do indeed listen to older ska and punk.

Sydney/Syd (she/her)

Last edited by AlmightyFrogCAT; 20th Mar 2017 at 08:16 AM..
AlmightyFrogCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 03:33 PM   #110

Orientation: Probably a minority in a minority

I've always struggled to make friends, I'm socially awkward at the best times and possibly, no definitely, a little weird the rest of the time.

Anywho... I listen to metal. Love to play games on my PC even though I'm too crap a player to finish even half my games lol. I enjoy sci-fi, I'm not a geek tho. For me it's an escape from reality to wondrous far off places.
tickabox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 04:30 PM   #111

Orientation: Aromantic Bisexual
Out Status: Out to most people

Hallo...

I'm an awkward duck, small in stature and have a passion for graphic T-shirts... My vocabulary consists half of "dude" "man" and "yall" mixed with random dictionary terms. I love literature and poetry, play the flute (sort of kind of) but don't really listen to music or watch TV.

Uh.
That's it.

(he/him/his)
FracturedWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 10:52 PM   #112

I have no real friends. loves to walk, swim, and go camping. like retro games and mmo's and live in Canada. Thinking of moving soon and find a new life. im abit of a downer till i can get my life sorted out.

Last edited by Cadi04; 20th Mar 2017 at 10:55 PM..
Cadi04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 11:03 PM   #113
Drive My Soul

hello! my name's ashley (duh), I'm a culinary arts major living in FL and I like playing and listening to music, longboarding, cooking, video games, Netflix, naps and anything caffeinated. Aspiring chef and dog mom. Life has been pretty quiet and dull lately so i'm open to making a ton of new friends
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 11:08 PM   #114

Hi,

I'm a psychology major living in Oregon. I enjoy reading, writing, music- particularly singing (everything from a capella to rock), video games, and anime. I also love long nature walks and swimming. I'm shy in person and pretty introverted.
I'm gonna give all my secrets away" ~"Secrets", One Republic
kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2017, 06:04 PM   #115

Orientation: Probably gay

Hi! I'm Kendall. I'm really shy but once you get to know me, I think I'm pretty fun. I love sports and music - those are my two passions. I'm a very big hockey fan. I play volleyball and basketball, as well as sing and play guitar. I'm very pensive and would consider myself an ambivert. Although, I have no social skills whatsoever, and honestly not many friends. But that's just because I'm awkward- I love having friends!
kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2017, 06:19 PM   #116
Saiyan

Hello everyone. gdfrf I want to reply to all of this but there's so many hellos. Hi, I'm Vegeta and I am truly quite awkward.
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #117

Orientation: Pan Polyamorous
Out Status: Online, my mom, two close friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVegeta View Post
Hello everyone. gdfrf I want to reply to all of this but there's so many hellos. Hi, I'm Vegeta and I am truly quite awkward.
Heyo I'm Kevin but I'm fine with Kemo as well. I'm also awkward like I suck at making eye to eye contact with someone or it could be shyness. Once you get to know me i show my dorky side and will most likely spam you with memes and such. Anyways what's up?

I guess Ill add my interests. I love cartoons, reading, anime, video games, drawing, singing, and dancing.

Last edited by Kemomonster; Yesterday at 05:31 PM..
Kemomonster is offline   Reply With Quote