1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone who believes in serendipity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by oboiaus, Dec 16, 2016.

1. oboiaus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi
    I am a new member of the forum from Australia.
    I haven't come out to anyone.
    I suppose it makes things a lot more challenging especially when it comes to meeting people.
    However, I am a firm believer in fate and serendipity.
    I believe you will meet that right person in an unexpected way without having to go out to certain places like gay bars/ clubs etc.
    I would like to hear from others advice and perhaps meet new people on here.
    Thanks!

2. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not exactly, but what I do believe is that you will only find what you are looking for.

If you go to gay bars / clubs, expecting to find nothing other than time wasters then that's probably what you will find. If however, you go out expecting to meet a life partner then you'll probably fall in love every weekend.
    It works the other way round too, so if you sit about thinking you'll never find a partner then you probably wouldn't see the love of your life if they were waving a neon hotdog in your face.

In your case, it reads as though you believe that some day the right person will just fall into your life. Because you are so open to this happening, I believe that it probably will.

Some people will probably say that you have to get out there and work hard at it but my view is that it would be pointless unless you really had faith in your method.

However you want to look at it, don't let it get you down if you don't find what you're looking for straight away. You can always ask for advice or share your thoughts here at EC.

3. Astrocyte

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a good answer. I too am a believer in fate, but that fate needs to encourage action.