1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet Peeves?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Katherine, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Just out of curiosity, what are your biggest pet peeves? Everyone has them, and maybe we can feel better venting about ours by posting them here.

As for me? Mine are probably as follows:

- People who call themselves vegetarians who eat chicken/fish. THEY'RE NOT VEGETARIANS. An actual vegetarian does not eat ANY meat, but does eat eggs and dairy. A vegan is someone who doesn't eat any meat OR any animal products, including eggs and dairy. A pescatarian is someone who doesn't eat any meat, but eats seafood and fish. A person who eats chicken but no red meat IS NOT A VEGETARIAN. They're still an omnivore. JEEZ. (I'm a vegetarian. This bothers me to no end. Especially when I'm at a restaurant and I ask, "Is this vegetarian?" and they're like, "Yes! It just has fish/chicken in it!" :eusa_doh: )

- People who mess up "your" and "you're," "there", "their" and "they're," or "to," "two," and "too." This annoys me to no end and I don't even know why. My brother does it all the time and I'm constantly bugging him about it.

I have more, but those are the only ones I can think of right now. How about you?

2. Axon

You could not have stated it any better. For some reason, I have become a grammar Nazi. :confused:

- People who do disgusting things in public bathrooms. Honestly, I do not want to stand at a urinal and look up to see dried snot on the wall! :eek:

I probably have more, too; I cannot think of any others right now, though.

3. littledinosaurs

THAT ANNOYS ME TO NO END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not that i limit my eating at all)
    Also "Vegans" who want to order vegan pizza and we let them and then they EAT THE CHEESE PIZZA ANYWAYS! WTF!!!!!
    i also hate it when people correct grammar on papers when you are suppose to be grading content and idea argument. telling me that i accidentally put a space between the h in his does not tell me if i make a good point. *hits head on desk*
    Also when people can't comprehend that you don't like a type of music. especially if they are talking about an older group. (like The Beatles)

4. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Ugh! I know, that's disgusting. I'm a girl and it happens all the time in our bathrooms too. Even at my school! :eusa_sick

That's one of mine too! Seriously, why do people care so much what music other people like to listen to? I know people who will completely look down on someone else just because they like/don't like a certain band. I hate that. I love the Beatles, myself. (And to all those hard rockers out there, I like Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco, too! Get over it!)

5. :rolleyes: *looks at signature*
    I'm a self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi, and if someone sends me an email or posts on my Facebook wall like "hey lol wats up. how r u. lol." I die a little bit on the inside.

I hate it when people use excessive lolspeak. Especially when they "lol" at things that aren't even remotely funny. Example: "Hi lol" Who knew a greeting could be so funny? But in moderation it doesn't bother me.

My biggest pet peeve: Ignorance. Particularly when the ignoramus doesn't care.

6. silentsound

-People who can't figure out homonyms
    -People who chew like cows
    -People who chew gum loudly
    -chatspeak.
    -random lol's for no reason
    -People who say fuck every other word
    -Ignorance.
    -so many more...

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh god, where do I beginnnnnn.

My latest one is gay peeps who describe themselves as "straight acting". Like, come onnnnnnnnn. What the hell does that even mean?!? Tis a nice way of reinforcing the whole femme guy stereotype. I couldn't care less whether a person is feminine or not, so they shouldn't have to say they're femme acting anymore than somebody should say they're straight acting.

It really annoys me. :dry:

I have loads more, but they don't all come to me at once. I'll post the rest later. :grin:

8. starfish

+1 This annoys me as well. People have described me as straight acting and it annoys me to no end. I'm not acting like anything I am just being my self.

9. Jennn

Noisy eating.
    People who text others constantly whilst you're with them.

10. Emberstone

fat woman who wear tube tops... if you gut extends beyond your breast, you have no buisness wearing one.

It is a astetic thing. Not everyone has a body worth flunting like that, and if you dont, then dont.

11. Thisisnew

Same for me. I can't stand it.

12. Kirakishou

People who are constantly fixing their make-up.

13. lostinthought9

-People who make smacking noises while they eat, or chew with their mouth open.
    -People who slam car doors!!!! I HATE that!!!!!

14. RaRa

Poor table manners.

I /especially/ hate slow drivers. They piss me off. I never drive under 40. Speed it up.

15. I hate it when drivers follow too closely. If I'm going 30mph in a 25mph speed zone, get the hell off my tail! Oh, I also hate it when people speed up as you're trying to pass them.

16. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Stupid people

17. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Oh dear I have oh so many.

- When people claim they don't like something before they've tried it. Ex: Someone saying that a song sucks before they even listen to it. That drives me nuts. I really don't understand how people can do that

- The exact opposite pisses me off too, like when someone says they like something they've never tried. This seems to happen more often. Like people who see a movie and they say "Oh my good I love that book" even though they never read the book.

- Prejudice of any kind obviously.

- Cigarettes, I can't stand cigarettes. I can't stand the smell. Plus, I don't understand why people smoke them. I don't mean to offend anyone who smokes them but, it isn't like other drugs that get you high or anything. Cigarettes are just stupid and fatal to yourself and those around you so why would you do that?

Well I have more but I can't think of em

18. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What mostly irks me about this is also that "femme guys" don't even really act feminine. I literally do not know a single female that acts like these supposed "feminine gays" act. If anything, I've only seen women in movies from the '40s act that way. And I suppose that was just because the scripts for those were written by men...

19. moonlight

For me it has got to be noisy eating.

I have a few others but can't think of them right now.

20. jazzrawr

I hate that too!!
    I mean, if you're going to hang out with me, at least pay attention.
    I don't care who else is talking to you. XD