1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifeguard Instructor Training

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MLCarr, Apr 5, 2009.

1. MLCarr

So yeah, as the title says I've been in Lifeguard Instructor training fo the last 4 days. I've been a lifeguard for 6 years now (since I was 15) and it's amazing how weird it is to be the one teaching.

First of all, if you're a lifegaurd, you know how during drills and training you're sense of your personal bubble goes completely out the window. Second of all you have no idea how awkward it is to, insted of being the one saving you're the one being saved.

As a girl, it's even more awkward because you have these two things that just get in the way. Yeah, i can't even tell you how many times i've been groped doing training drills, it's worse when the kids have no clue what they're doing. It's even more worse when you're being backboarded and have to pretend to be passive and not move or help or say anything.

Yeah, just wanted to throw that out there. I'm sure some of you can relate.

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooh, I think it can be fun checking out lifeguards at times. :grin:

I can see how it gets annoying for them though. >.<

3. diegon3

I worked as a lifeguard for 2 summers
    getting a brick from the deep end got annoying for me
    what was worse was the ppl that went to play in the pool they were the worse never listened i had to get after them and more so i got really pissed at them a whole lot
    but my employer paid $7.50 and in my second yr i got a raise to $7.75 an hr:thumbsup:

4. Magnet

I can see how it must get annoying for the lifeguards having to put up with that.

5. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

I know were your coming from i to am a lifeguard and just imaging from the instructors point its alot harder to do.