1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone's orientation ever changed over time?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Georgia111, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Georgia111

Hi guys, I've heard about sexuality being fluid and thought it was really interesting. I was wondering how common it really is. Has anyone's orientation actually changed over time ? How did u feel after?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on what changing over time really means. I thought I was bisexual when I was 14, but I was only attracted to super girly men (anime bishies) and feared hetero sex, so I could have just been in denial. Recently, my sexuality is leaning more toward the asexual spectrum, which is actually quite new.

3. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started out questioning (as ya' do) and then I was pretty sure I was a lesbian, since I only noticed girls that I liked, had girl-related fantasies, etc. But during my year studying abroad in Japan, I fell in love with a wonderful guy, so I figured that I must be bisexual.

We've since broken up (but stayed good friends), but now, even as most of my fantasies center around women, I still find my head turning at guys every now and again (such as when the local water polo team practices at the pool :eusa_droo), so I feel that "bisexual" is the best label for me. :grin: I'd say that I'm attracted to ladies about 85% of the time and men about 15% of the time. I'm pretty sure that I want to end up with a lady, but that could change if the right guy comes along. :icon_wink

4. Hunter8

Honestly, no. I've always liked guys. Never felt a thing for girls.

5. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to think I was bi because I found some guys attractive and have had "crushes" on guys. I think at 13, when the thought of "I think I'm a lesbian" first entered my head I was in denial and I'd kind of force myself to try and feel something past "he's handsome" or "he seems like a nice guy" I mean, I look at the crushes that I've had on guys..and for me, guys just aren't the "full package" and never have been. I've never really had the desire to be with a guy. So I feel like I'm a lesbian and always have been.

6. Latebloomerguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I tried to convince self I was str8...but this thinking back to highschool I'd be turned on by like 5 guys for every 1 girl

7. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah. When I was 13 I first came out as bisexual, then later on (years later) as a trans guy. Sometime within that time-frame I realized I didn't have sexual attraction for anyone and figured myself out to be asexual. But honestly, no one in real-life knows that I am not interested in people sexually, as I have yet to come out as asexual.

I also thought I was only heteroromantic for the longest time, and then I realized that I don't really care. Though I doubt I would ever date another guy.

8. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say changed, no, not for me. I would say developed. Understood. Became clearer.

In my teens, probably before actually, I knew I was attracted to girls. But, something still happened in my heart (and other places lol) when I saw beautiful male celebrities. That was hard because all I knew about was you were either gay or straight. I didn't know about the spectrum.

When I was like early 20s, someone taught me about the spectrum and that helped me be clear that I am far at the end of the gay side, but not completely :slight_smile:

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not drastically or anything. I generally flip flop with identifying as gay and pan, which makes things complicated and I end up saying I'm queer because it's confusing.

10. Enjel

Enjel Guest

At one point, I thought my homosexuality was transitioning into bisexuality then heterosexuality which was frustrating me, my orientation has always been clear to me since my early teens; however, I performed some tests on myself and realized that I'm just gay.

It'd be nice if there were class courses in high school that help guide you in being LGBT+, especially at the time I was in school. It would've cleared up a lot of confusion.

Conclusively, the answer to your question is: Lightly, but for the majority of myself, no.

11. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was a 6 on the Kinsey scale for most of my life, now a 5.

12. oboiaus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think it may evolve over time or become more accepting of one's true orientation.

13. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hit puberty a little before my 12th birthday and I was only attracted to girls until a little before my 14th birth day. I know I was young but for a whole two years the thought of being with another guy seemed pretty gross to me...maybe I was still developing or maybe orientation does change...hard to say for me because I was so young

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  15. Tx87

Tx87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think changed as much as it was that I was in denial.

Despite my obvious attraction to women, maybe I thought it was a fascination with other women before realizing it was an attraction.

16. Duane

Duane Guest

My attraction seems to be all over the place. I like characteristics of masculine and feminine bodies. I like; full bodies, hairy bodies, skinny bodies, smooth bodies, ect.. With that said, and it might sound like I will date anyone, however I am more attracted to someone who is honest, caring, funny and other things too. I have noticed that sometimes my attractions to feminine people is greater and sometimes my attraction to masculine people is greater.

17. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine changed over time for sure.

It all started at the age of 15/16. I'd go through "phases" of feeling straight, to feeling gay, to feeling straight again, etc. but it wasn't "official" until I've had my first same-sex kiss at 16, and had my first girlfriend shortly after.

When her an I broke up, I pushed those feelings aside for a while, and they only really became apparent again in my early to mid-20s, when I was sure I was lesbian. I went through the coming out process, went through a complete image change, etc. But that all went downhill when I saw my years long male crush at a party. Something in my brain went, "Hold up. What's this then? You still like him "that way"? What's up with that? Are you really a lesbian then?". My second girlfriend and I broke up over something unrelated shortly after and I began to explore my feelings more deeply.

I came out again, as bisexual, which led to serious confusion of friends and family and my parents still don't "buy it" but I'm just like whatever. Now I can confidently say that I am bisexual, and I have no issue coming out to people face-to-face. It's like a matter-of-fact sort of thing to me now. I find ways of working it into normal conversation, and it's usually received well.

So in short, yes, my orientation has changed over time. :grin:

18. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Mine has been pretty fluid. I've been attracted to men and women and different times throughout my life, but never at the same time. I'd consider myself gay for most of my life, but I'm recently more attracted to women.

19. dragon20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I could say it has. I mean I thought I was straight for the first 20 or so years of my life. I started questioning and thought I was bi for a while there. Now I just say I'm gay. I mean I still find women attractive and stuff, but I don't really have any desire to date them or do anything sexually with them right now. Like 'yeah she's hot' and that's it. But yeah I guess mine changed over time? I mean my whole life but I'd call straight to gay a change in my sexuality :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Reptillian

With zero proof to suggest sexuality is immune to neurological changes. In fact, personalities, and every aspect of a person are altered via brain changes. There's no proof sexuality is exempt from that rule.