1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the most interesting thing...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sebby45, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is the most interesting thing that you have learned in your personal journey through sexuality/gender identity?

For example, I learned from a trans person online that for FtM's to sound more masuline during their initial transitioning phase, there is a trick to make your voice sound deeper for a short amount of time. Simply tilt your head back a bit so your throat is straight and hum for awhile. When you talk after that your voice will naturally sound deeper, but it fades fast!

What about you? What have you picked up along the way?

Sebby45

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've learned that there really is no wrong way to be trans.

3. Georgia111

Well I'm currently learning that it shouldn't matter what others think of me and that I should learn to comfortable with and love myself . It something I'm still learning thought :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but one day it won't be such a bother.

4. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't have to fit a stereotype. You don't have to label yourself "femme" or "butch" you can just be you. There is no "guy" in the relationship, there's two girls, that's why its a *lesbian* relationship.

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found out two interest things:

1-The only thing that stands in my way of happiness is my own internal "brain barriers". That doesn't mean i hate myself, it is exactly the contrary. When i learned to fight the barriers inside my own mind, my life became much more clearer.

2-During this "internal brain fight", i learned that i need to be honest with myself if i am to achieve happiness. About my orientation, for example, i discovered that hiding it and trying to deny it inside my own mind wasn't doing any good to me.

The more i discover about myself and my own brain, the happier i am.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it was that people tend to live up or down to your expectations. For me coming out was a gradual process/crash course in learning to trust and believe in people again.

7. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seems like the consensus so far is learning to be happy with who you are. That is something that I think everyone has to come to grips with, but especially hard when you don't fit the "norm."

Good job everyone in learning to move past the stereotypes, your mental hang ups, and the world in general! I know I still have a lot of work to do. :icon_bigg

Sebby45

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Accepting myself and ignoring stereotypes and assumptions about my sexuality that put me in a box. The ace community helped me accept that I didn't have to want sex or a relationship even though I don't think I'm aro ace.

9. VHS Tape

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh! On the better side of things: I've learned that the better people won't care what you are, so long as you're not harming yourself, and that if they really love you, they will learn to understand and support you, no matter how hard that may be. And that people really can change their opinion if you guide them in the right direction and educate them in the right way (ofc, no matter how polite, this doesn't always work :lol: ) And that it doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, whatever, RELATIONSHIPS, whether friendly or romantic, all work similarly formost people and yes we can all relate to one another on some level. If my best friend can sympathize my struggles with a girl through her struggles with a guy, we can't be TOO TOO TOO different :grin:

On the bad side of things: I've also learned that the worse people don't necessarily come in neatly packed bundles labeled 'homophobic.' Sometimes you have to learn the hard way though subtle comments. :dry: :bang: Have learned that phobia towards sexuality exists within the community, which is just cringeworthy. Have also learned that YES there ARE MANY straight girls out there who WILL by default think you like them once they learn you're attracted to women :bang: :lol:

10. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it funny (not in the hilarious sense) that once somebody comes out as gay/lesbian, etc. that there is that issue. Why should a straight man/woman feel threatened? People like the people they like. It is not as if the LGBT community is out to get all the straight people! :lol:

11. Georgia111

Omg!! I just realized u have a pic of L!!! I love L :grin: sorry that was off topic... Just needed to say it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One thing I've learned was that if someone wants to be an asshole, they're going to be an asshole, irrespective of my sexual orientation or other, non-sexuality related beliefs. Some people are simply good at asshole-ry and I cannot change them and shouldn't waste my time trying to either.

13. oboiaus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Not worrying about validation from others but respecting yourself

14. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    L fans unite! :slight_smile:

Ruby Dragon, that is so true. People are people after all, and personality is totally separate from sexuality or gender.