1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing a safe place to store all my family pictures

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm trying to find something to keep all my family oriented pictures secure and safe so if I get a new phone there right there an app away. The two apps I'm debating on are google photos or OneDrive? Currently I have about 410 family pictures...give or take a few lol. What do you all suggest? I don't have the money as of right now to currently pay for any subscriptions for things but may change in the future who knows. So something that's good to use and will keep my pictures secure across multiple devices of any type. Thanks and have a wonderful evening!

2. AlamoCity

You could back them up to various places just to be extra safe. Google might work, maybe Dropbox could also help.

3. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say Google Drive would probably be the easiest, especially if you already have a Gmail account.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Get a pendrive (also a CD/DVD/Bluray for the backup). For more security,feel free to encrypt your data. Online solutions are good as long as the provider agrees to respect your privacy, but then they could lose everything on a cyberattack, which means you will lose your data.

Dropbox, google and the rest are good for data you wouldn't mind to lose.

Your best bet right now is on Apple, if you must have your data stored online, but it still wouldn't hurt to keep a backup offline. Apple tends to respect more your privacy than the rest.

#4 Michael, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2016