1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a gay guy. How do you know if a guy likes you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WillgraysonRuiz, Dec 20, 2016.

1. WillgraysonRuiz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    During my night shift. I served a cute guy in the drive thru and he always looks at me so long. I do like him but i dont know if he likes me? I'm not good in talking. I want to know his name but I don't know how to ask him

2. Astrocyte

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you've got the confidence, could you leave a message on the receipt?

3. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    tell him he should come inside and eat one night instead of going through the drive through...if he doesn't like you he'll probably be a lil weirded out and won't come inside, but if he does come inside then he probably likes you, then just talk to him like he's a friend you haven't seen in a long time...works on girls lol

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2016 at 08:42 AM ----------

just work up the confidence to tell him to come inside next time and the rest will be easy...well, easier lol

4. Love is love

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    3 words,
    Use. Your. Words.

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2016 at 11:31 AM ----------

Just ask him

5. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just start making conversation, ask him how his day was, etc. That's what I do to customers I'm interested in haha. It will eventually come out if they're interested or taken or whatever.

6. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a fair argument that in more accepting societies, all men are becoming more comfortable with relationships with other men. The problem for us is that sometimes a friendly open-minded straight guy can easily set off the average gaydar - especially if you also find him attractive.

As others have suggested, you will need to try to encourage him to show you some clearer signals if he is interested in you too.
    Is there some way you could try and start up a conversation e.g. about the music he has playing in his car, his clothes, a tattoo or his car etc. Ideally make it a compliment followed by a question.
    It doesn't have to be much but just stick to three rules, make it about him, remember what he says for next time, keep it positive.

Once you've played your part in starting a good conversation, the ball is in his court. If he responds well but still doesn't make a move you could just take a leap of faith and ask him if he has plans after your shift or pass him your number etc. If you do try this though, make sure it won't get you into trouble at work if he reacts badly or a colleague spots you doing it.

7. Joelouis

Maybe when you serve him next you could say "Hello again!", then ask him how his day was. Not exactly asking for a date but it's a *small* step forward.

8. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep this is a great way of getting to know someone.

9. BBRudegyal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    be more engaging. ask him about his day as the others said before. even if he replies with a simple "its been good" just reply really enthusiastically like "i wonder how good! It's so nice to see you again". as said above you do have to be careful just because someone is friendly with you doesn't mean that they like you sexually or romantically. he may just be a man who is comfortable with other men and not pent up in macho madness. Just add more to the interaction when he comes in next time. Try to gage how much conversation he will have with you first.

10. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if he's a regular, try making small talk with him. doesn't really hurt to work up the courage sometimes.

11. Zaidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's different with every other guy... But a guy might tell you if he likes you. Maybe the your guy in the drive-thru is just being nice? Or maybe he likes you? Why not invite him inside? If he wants to come, he's probably interested. If not, then you need to get more guys in the drive-thru....