1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Forum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FalconBlueSky00, Dec 20, 2016.

1. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been looking for a forum that has more of the feel of EC but for bi people to talk about whatever. The only thing I've come across that didn't scare me away immediately was shybi, but I really don't like the oversexualized feel of the site. The member rankings are kinda icky (ok I'm a prude), and the pink hurts my brain. Has anyone else come across a good forum for bisexuals?

2. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't even know there was such a thing! I want to be a part of them!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are very few, if any, forums like EC that aren't cluttered with sexual banter, creepers, inappropriate conversation/topics/come-ons. If such a forum exists... no one on the staff here knows about it. :frowning2:

This is one of the things that makes EC so special... as far as we know, the sense of safety and relative freedom from inappropriate posts/behaviors that we have at EC isn't really matched in any other online community.

This is due in large part to our hardworking staff, but also to the level of respect and appreciation for the community that our members have for it.

If you do find something, please let us know. :slight_smile:

4. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^^yep that's why I'm here on EC instead of some other forum.

5. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I joined ***** and it isn't too bad, but it's not as good as EC. Most websites for bisexual people are very focused on dating or hookups. I don't know why, but that's the truth.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not yet, but I'll post when I find one... That is when I have the time to look for it.

7. Calypto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe this is something that EC could help with?

Maybe add a forum that only Bisexual people can access. At least they keep the integrity of its loyal members and also to avoid the crudeness.

Worth suggesting?

8. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think EC has been a good place for me. I think a bisexual forum might be a good addition. The hardest thing of being bi has been feeling judged by both sides. Others blah blah blah thoughts because they can't except that someone likes both. I've never done anything sexually with a partner unless there was a relationship and connection. Being bi has made me feel like I'm half one culture and half the other stuck in the middle and being judged. I feel like I'm a mixed person who doesn't fit in anywhere because I don't fit a label.

9. Jackie13

Actually, I like the idea of a bisexual forum on EC. Doesn't have to be only accessible by bisexuals. Can simply be another forum on EC for bisexual questions and experiences.

10. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, I think it would be a beneficial addition. :slight_smile:

11. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Almost this exactly, except I don't like that bi people get way more judgement over a hookup than any other group. I feel like bisexuals have to act differently than anyone else just not to "prove" the stereotype. While I would like a bi safe space, one of the things I really love about EC is the inclusiveness. It's the only place I've ever felt a sense of inclusiveness to LGT culture. That makes me a little sad, but I don't think I would want to change EC to get a safe space. I really feel the need for some connection with other bi though. I feel like we are so minimized, or on the opposite end fetishized, at times that it's emotionally harmful. I feel like we've got to start grouping together for support more. That said I have no idea how to go about that I lack the social skills, time, and technical skills to create such a space.

12. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    EC is a great place as is. Maybe try finding some other bi people to talk to on here, or start a thread? I'm not sure if there are any other sites for us that aren't creepy and over sexual.

13. Bikermm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am quite new here but I think this is a wonderful forum.

Other forums I tried have either been sex/dating orientated or judgemental.

I have only seen one thread here regarding bisexuals which i found sad which was about "would you date a bisexual" but apart from that all is well and good and EC feels a safe place to open up.

Thanks for being here (&&&)

14. SiKiHe

I agree with ForNarnia that starting a new thread might help Bisexual conversations get started. If enough people make enough different posts related more specifically to being Bi or Pan, EC might make a new forum to better organize those thoughts. It might be a "try it and see how people respond" kind of situation. I'd much rather make something here at EC than go somewhere else though. This community is much kinder and less sexualized than many others like it.

15. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same here! Don't get me wrong, I like chatting to gay and lesbian people too, but there are so many experiences that only bisexuals can relate to (also, we're kind of outsiders in the sexual minority community) so I definitely think it would be nice.

16. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While it is a problem that we don't have the social/online connection and support that other groups do, the main reason I'm against EC starting a Bi section (or LGT individual section) is that EC is probably doing more than any other place in the world to foster acceptance or Bisexuals in the queer community because there are no catagories for individual Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Bisexual. The rules of civility that are enforced on EC make sure that we are all together and respecting each other, and because of that LGT people are exposed to Bi people in a real setting and get to see that we aren't like the stereotypes.

So thank you EC.

That said I still want a place and a voice as a bisexual. I'm exhausted of feeling like I fit nowhere. I've been trying to think of what I can do to help create that sort of world/place/content, and I encourage others to do so also.

I was actually a bit shocked to find that shybi is probably as good as it gets outside of EC. I think we can do better than this.

17. Really

I read an article about a bisexual association which I thought was in LA but I'm afraid it was a while ago and I don't remember it that well. (Except the bit about how you can like red cars and blue cars but you only ever want one at a time. - I'm paraphrasing from my bad memory so...:astonished:) But these websites look like somewhere you could start. I know not everyone is in LA but this seems like quite a good resource.

Los Angeles Bi Task Force – A resource center for bisexuality
    Bi Resources on the Web – Los Angeles Bi Task Force

18. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. About the bisexual forum, we don't have any plans about that for now, and it is unlikely that it will happen in the near future.

We feel that there is already opportunity to talk about the theme in the forums. Creating a different section for each sexual orientation/gender identity, to discuss the particularities of each label, would create a unecessary division in the forum (making it hard to moderate, for example).

Also, like Bunny45 said

But, again, i want to make this clear: EC is a safe place and our aim is to provide a friendly and accepting space. Anyone who needs advice/help is more than welcome to post in the forums, regardless if you are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, etc. :slight_smile:

19. ravenscarlett

I've never come across one, but EC seems to be pretty chill, you just have to find the right forums

20. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Any other site I have seen that talks about being bi is usually in the context of three ways. Sorry to say....but true.