1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being positive! =)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chiroptera, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone! :slight_smile:

So, recently, i was watching some videos on YouTube about the recent comic that Blizzard released for Overwatch, where Tracer kisses her girlfriend (cute scene, by the way). And, as expected, there were many negative comments (even if they weren't the majority), including some absurd things.

I'm one of these people who like to discuss serious topics on the internet (in places where is appropriate to do so, of course), so i engaged in some discussions here and there. Some of the people were respectful even while disagreeing, some not.

But, after this little contextualization, here's the thing: I consider myself a thick-skinned person, but even i feel a little uncomfortable/mad at some things, every now and then. And, when that happens, i usually forget the discussion for a while (and, if the person was too aggressive, i simply stop discussing), and then i go do something unrelated to the subject, like playing videogames, talking with my friends, etc.

What are your strategies to deal with uncomfortable situations and stay positive, in discussions like i mentioned or in other situations? Do you grab some ice cream and go watch your favorite series on Netflix? Do you go kill some orcs in a videogame (for the Alliance! :grin: )? Do you go listen to music? Play with your dog/cat?

Let's share tips for staying positive! :slight_smile:

2. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a natural pessimist. I rage silently, though, on the inside. I keep it all in and vent to my best friend or partner.
    I like to write poetry, and that's how I get a lot of my emotions out too.

I tend to continue arguments until I've won, because I am really good at persuading people to think like I do on a subject, or to see my side, and stuff like that. It's horrible of me, I know, but.....

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Music for sure. Sing to it. Dance (horribly) to it.

I also like to lift weights until my anger is exhausted, and so am I!

4. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually either play video games, watch something funny, or watch YouTube videos. Those usually help me as I tend to space out.

5. SrFrancium

Well if were debating with random people, I usually just stop and think to myself (after seeing an entire books worth of arguments on why every character in Super Smash Bros Four is balanced and proceeds to call me a bad player) "Jesus this person really has nothing else going on in their lives, like nothing at all oh my lord. Then I just click on the comment notification in my inbox and proceed to not read it so it's not bothering me in my inbox and I don't have to waste a damn hour arguing with some nerd. Then I proceed to click on a video about the psychology of Bojack Horseman like a nerd.
    It's all about not caring.