1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb people that made you stop and think..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AuroraBorealis, Dec 27, 2016.

1. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Damn..wtf"

I was once reading an article on the movie/book "Fried Green Tomatoes" I've personally never read the book, but have wanted to since I love the movie. Of course, the whole debate is whether Idgie and Ruth were lovers or not. The man that wrote the article was a real prize, he started off with a completely different debate about the story, but his last paragraph consisted of

"They say Idgie and Ruth were lovers in the book. That's retarded. I'm not looking any deeper into it, because I might not like the movie anymore. I feel like I've wasted 45 minutes of my life typing this so I'm not going to delete it."

What are some of the dumbest things you've heard someone say related to the LGBT?

2. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Nah I don't believe in bisexuals, like you have to choose one side or another." -This coming from someone who I otherwise like and who was completely nonplussed about me being a lesbian.

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2016 at 06:41 AM ----------

Also, my god I don't know where you read that article but it's those kind of people that make you lose faith in humanity. :frowning2:

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh damn I hear a lot of those, but the common ones are about bisexuals, which is,"THEY'RE JUST ANOTHER GAY IN WAITING!" or "They need to choose one side and stick with it" or " they're just horny people"
    For Lesbians, I heard this, from a straight guy, " well dude, they play with a dildo, so that means they still like dicks right? I should go for it!"
    For Trans, I always hear the misconception and confusion of the term "tranny" and "cross dressers"
    For Gay Men, don't start.....

4. Cinis

Cinis Guest

" But if it's two men it can't be love!" -my grandma...granted she also rants about people having sex before marriage so...*sigh* why does she have to be such a catholic stereotype?

People protesting against LGBT literature in schools because it teaches kids BDSM

People protesting against sex ed in school because their kids will surely learn about LGBT and BDSM

People actually believing all gays are attracted to everything male involving kids

(People assuming you have a crush on them if you tell them you're queer. Those aren't bad people per se but it's annoying)

The whole bi sexuals will sleep with anyone thing

Guys who don't see the problem when asking a girl if they can have a threesome with a girlfriend. (like..if another guy asked you if he could have a threesome involving YOUR girlfriend you'd probably punch him,right?)

( Also people who say them being LGBT is a political statement or assuming others being LGBT is a political statement. Again not really hurtful but annoying)

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I listed everything dumb someone said about LGBT, I'd have a freaking novel.

My favorites are:
    "How do you know if you haven't tried it?" Really? How do straight people know they're straight without gay sex?

"Homosexuality and bisexuality are phases." So is heterosexuality in some cases. I had a hetero phase.

"I can turn you straight." Can my gay friend turn you gay?

"Lesbians are still virgins until they sleep with a man." This one pisses me off the most, especially since sometimes gay men say it. Technically, if you follow the "real" definition of virginity....gay men are also virgins until they sleep with women. And straight men can't be virgins at all since the original term referred to "maidenhead"- something that only includes women. It's like calling a man a princess or a mother. Oh, but you changed that, right?

"They can't have children." Neither can sterile people, so is it immoral for them to date? Plus, there's always adoption and surrogacy. And there's straight people who are childfree.

"Why do lesbians use strap-ons? Couldn't they just sleep with a real dick?"
    My response:
    Why are some gay men exclusive tops? Couldn't they just fuck a woman's ass?
    Why do straight men like anal? Couldn't they just fuck a man's ass?
    Why do straight women receive oral sex? Couldn't they allow a woman to do it?
    Just because you like a sex act doesn't mean you can do it with any gender possible. And some of us don't use strap-ons at all.

6. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it always blows my mind when someone thinks they know so much to say that bisexuals don't exist. I've also heard straight women complaining that "bisexuals are greedy and just want everyone"

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2016 at 11:09 AM ----------

:lol: at the sex education thing, I've heard parents complaining about HIGH SCHOOL students learning basic sex education "They'll learn to masturbate!!!!!"" They've probably been masturbating for a while, mom.

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2016 at 11:14 AM ----------

The dumbest questions we get "How do you know if you haven't tried it?" And "How do you know your gay???"

I agree with the strap ons and "lesbians are virgins" a penis isn't the center of sex. Men need to get over themselves in the sex department, lol.

7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone I know likes to talk about homosexuality being "rampant" in some countries, as if it is some kind of disease.

8. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    my dad is a very conservative christian and likes to say things like "why would anyone choose to be like that" or "if these people had god in their life, then they could fight those demons" on the other hand my mom is a somewhat liberal catholic who has no problem with it and has never said anything bad about lgbt people, she still gets a little confused about the t but no harm done lol

9. Glowing Eyes

Too many to list but to describe, those arguments that are totally emotion-fueled, factually-wrong bs that is Defender by people whining "it's my opinion" and "free speech" 'cause they've got no means of defending their arguments.

10. Joelouis

This coming from an ex-friend: "I don't get it. I mean a lesbian hates men, wants nothing to do with them and thinks all men are disgusting, yet they have their hair cut short and dress like men!"

11. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is the truth dude

12. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my gosh! I almost forgot I had a "friend" that was showing off her profound intelligence by posting on Facebook for all to see "If lesbians hate men, why do they want to be men?"

13. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do they think we hate men anyway? The biggest misandrists I've seen were straight women.

14. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really can't figure out, they surely can't be so ignorant to think that if you don't want to have sex with someone you hate them? Maybe we make straight men uncomfortable? I have no idea. But I've had guys ask me if I'll be friends and hangout with guys only after they find out I'm a lesbian. Yes why wouldn't I? :dry:

15. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Black and white thinking I've gotten from family and have read online like "If you're dating a man, you're gay, a woman, you're straight. Bisexuality is a cop-out." Also I've seen a lot of biphobia and people being incredibly dismissive, saying "I'd never date someone bi because they'll cheat on me (with the opposite sex)".

It angers me more to see rampant transphobia though.. even from LGB people.

16. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think since there's so much emphasis on men as being the instigators of any kind of sexual or romantic relationships, some rather ignorant people assume that your rejection of men as partners is you automatically giving up your chances at a 'fulfilling relationship' and the reason for this is not that you'd rather do these things with a woman, but rather that you hate men.

17. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I once saw someone say that gay men are liars because when they were born, they drank milk from their mothers breasts, not their fathers.
    ??? What does that even mean?
    Wouldn't all girls be lesbians then? And that not only sexualizes breastfeeding but it also sexualizes babies. And wouldn't that be incest? Just. Wtf.

18. Cinis

Cinis Guest

I've heard people argue that it's because lesbians complain about straight dudes? Like you know that stereotypical " you just never had dick before" guy?

But that doesn't mean hating man either If I said " A is such a bitch , I don't like her." That would simply mean that I don't like A , not that I hate women in general.

And most "masculine" girls start dressing that way before they even realize they're lesbians.

19. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The funny logic about this one is the fact that straight men complain about the opposite sex and discriminate more than any group ever. Does that mean that straight men who are misogynists automatically must suck dick? I tease em about it all the time.