1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideal time to come out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zaidi, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Zaidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello! I have been having a lot of troubles with this... I came to know I was gay when I was 14, and the earlier years were just spent in confusions because people aren't gay here in Pakistan at all. So a few times, I would find myself looking at a cute guy and I would think to myself "WTF am I doing?!" But it became routine for me after a few months and I started to think that I might be gay. Then suddenly, my emotional attraction towards girls started to fade (if there was any) and I started to be attracted to only guys. Well then there a long time of confusions but I finally accepted that I was gay. I have been in the closet for 2 years, not letting ANYONE know about it. But sometimes I was scared that I will do something or say something gay and everybody will know. So I decided I come out to my friends (who are 4) and share my problems with them. Thank God they are not homophobic fucks and they are happy with who I am, and they like me. Another problem is that I don't know when to come out to everybody, or if I should even do that... Would you like to share your experience and when you came out or when you intend to come out? Sorry for such a long post, here's a potato. Interpretation of a dream in which you saw «Potato» I know I am not funny...

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that your friends accepted you- that is a very courageous step. I don't think there is ever really an ideal time to come out-it honestly is just when you feel ready. Personally, I waited a while before telling everyone. My sister and my mom knew earlier, because I was ready to tell them earlier. I waited about two years before telling everyone else. By that time I had a long-term boyfriend and it just felt that it was time.

3. Zaidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @Confusedmoose at what age did you come out to everybody?

4. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well i came out to my mom and sister officially at 21. I came out to everyone else this year (24)

5. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Come out whenever you're ready. Take your time.
    You don't owe coming out to anyone. You don't have to tell people if you feel uncomfortable doing so.