1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think "Love" is a scary word?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greggers, Apr 7, 2009.

?

Is "Love" a scary word?

1. YES! *shiver*

21 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Um...no...

41 vote(s)
    66.1%
  1. Greggers

Just curious, after reading in a thread "i think its too soon to say i love you" or something along that lines...i got to thinking...

Is it a scary word to say to another person?

I personally throw the word around like a tacky cliche (something im also known for using hah) I love (hah!) to use the word love :3 its like my bread and butter of conversation.

Does that "put people off"? :x

2. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

I voted yes because there are many ups and downs that can hurt someone so much.

3. Gumtree

I take the word seriously, I don't say it unless I really mean it (Only say it to mother and one friend) and when someone else uses it likely it's a major turnoff.

4. nametakenagain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think it's scary, but I do think some thought should be put into it before it is said in a relationship.

5. BeautifulStranger

Love isn't scary
    Commitment is a scary word.

I love lot's of people.
    My mom, dad, brother, Britt, Chad, etc...

However committed to lot's of people, not so much.

6. pirateninja

I think it depends on how it's used.

In my family, I only use it to family members that I really do care about. Certain family members (thankfully only a few and not close) are not worthy of my love. And I know it sounds conceited, but they have shown no love to me, so I won't reciprocate.

In my friends, it is the same thing. My closest friends, I love. Others are just friends or acquaintances. I can still enjoy being around them, but I don't love them.

As for in a relationship...... I'll admit, I don't like using it very often. Personally, I think people say it too much, rather than conveying it in their actions. I'd rather act in a loving manner than try to blag it by just saying "I love you" all the time.

7. Lumi Nie

I've never thought that saying "I love you" to someone is scarry. I say it all the time to all kinds of people- parents, friends, the girl I really like right now. ^_^

8. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

+1.

I only say it if i truely mean it. The thread that it was in was talking about a relationship 2 days old, which would be difficult to know you 'loved' someone unless you had been dating for months before.

9. Lacri

Lacri Guest

I don't think that it is a scary word. I think that many people over-use it, to the point where merely saying it has no more affect then telling someone that they are 'cool'.

10. Just Adam

scares the hell out of me cos it usually ends in me beeing in pain of some sort

11. MusicIsLife

I use it when I refer to things i like, "I love harry potter," "I love vitamin water," etc.

But in terms of people, aside from my family I never use it. Ive got issues with trust, so even with my friends its extremely rare that I use that word.

12. Dazed

Dazed Guest

the word love itself isnt scary.

the meaning behind it is. to love someone in a relationship is pretty much the most serious you can get. i ahve told one of my Exs i loved him.

i tell me friends i love them..becasue i do. haha but its a completely different kind of love. same goes with family..though i rarely tell them

13. VanceA

thats me in a nutshell as well...

Except i don't love vitamin water... :lol:

14. J Schuelke

I have been single for as long as I can remember so I've never really been in a lasting relationship before, so I never extensively used the word love to which I SO blame my closet for that.

15. ricoca

it is a scary word.

I seldom use it with my family too even though I love them. A lot.
    I have this thinking that love is meant only to be said when you really mean it.

Though i do use it when I say "I love Rent!"

16. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i think its the most Beautiful word ever!!!!!

17. Like Jen said, the word itself isn't scary the meaning behind it is. And even then, for me it's not so much scary as it is undesirable.

18. Kirakishou

I voted no, but now that I think about it, I have never said to anybody I know. Only about celebrities or objects.:confused:Maybe I should have voted yes.

19. Melissa

I don't think it is scary. I say 'I love you' to my mom and stepdad everyday when I leave for school and every night before I go to bed. And I mean it every time. This being said however, I have never been in a relationship and never had cause to say it to anyone outside my family.
    I also use love when referring to chocolate and of course my kitties! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Alex19

i said no, but it can b in certain situations.