1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Gestures

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SiKiHe, Dec 29, 2016.

1. SiKiHe

I had this idea after an interesting encounter with a coworker.

Let's share some of the small things the people in our lives do that make us feel nice or appreciated. They don't have to be specifically LGBT+ things, just any small thing that made you feel good one day.

Today, A coworker of mine offered to take me to lunch since my fiance had to take our car today. We drove to subway and she gave me a coupon for the meal to be 3 dollars. The whole time we talked about the chinese new year [she's chinese] and about tea. I'd mentioned I didn't much like tea unless I buried it in sugar, to which she was appalled and said I'd just never had GOOD tea.

After lunch I went to my desk to push more papers [and roam EC] when she walks up and hands me a cup with a small amount of Jasmine Tea in it, along with a warning that it was probably scalding.

I started out having a rough day and this really lightened my mood. So share some stories, new or old, of little things that made you feel good!

2. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was on Christmas, and my aunt was over. She told me that I was amazing, and looked very handsome, or beautiful, whichever I feel. I was so happy I almost cried.

I was at the store with my mom on Tuesday and she saw a friend and introduced us. Mind you, I look like a dude, and my mom said, "this is my daughter" and she stared for a moment and was all "what? Daughter? Oh! Okay! Hi!" and it was very pleasing.
    The clerk I was right next to was grinning, too, and I was all "that's a nice reactions." I think she suspected I was trans. ^_^

3. randomconnorcon

A year after coming out and my family are still up and down (mostly down) with switching pronouns from she to he. But for my birthday and Christmas all I got was son, nephew, brother, and grandson cards. It was nice.

4. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it's a really small gesture, but since I'm open to any kind of music (which doesn't mean I like everything xD), everyone sends me their favourite music. And my best friend always send me happy music, when I'm down.

For LGBT:
    Ever since I came out to my mom, she doesn't talk about "boyfriend" but about "girlfriend" which I really appreciate! :grin: