1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bigender or genderfuild

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jake23, Dec 30, 2016.

1. jake23

whats the difference between bigender or genderfuild ?whats the difference and what does it mean to you?

2. SiKiHe

As I understood it, Bigender is sort of a flip between two genders, say man and woman.

Genderfluid, as i understand it, is more of a shift on the scale. So the changes might be more minor. Someone who is genderfluid might feel like a man in one moment, but as the days go might feel more neutral or in between. then they might shift back to male, or more onto the female side.

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2016 at 01:38 PM ----------

Anyone else feel free to call me out if I'm wrong! That's just how I learned it

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    SiKiHe pretty much nailed the definition. The only thing I have to say is that changes in a genderfluid person aren't necessarily minor; they can also have some pretty large fluctuations in the gender, eg. from male to female. The only difference between genderfluid and bigender people is that while GF people can shift between male, female and nonbinary genders, BG people only shift between male and female.

4. Dachs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Huh, my understanding of the terms has always been a little different: bigender people experience two genders (binary or not) at once continuously while genderfluid people shift between experiencing various genders (any number, binary or not).

5. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Experiences vary between different bigender people. Some feel both genders simultaneously, whereas others flip between either gender.

6. SiKiHe

I'd never heard of bigender experiencing both at once. That's interesting.