1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Flaming Taco, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Flaming Taco

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you think there will be games you like on it? And do you think nintendo will be LGBT friendly?

2. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I were to make a quick suggestion, I would reccomend putting this thread in the "Technology, Gaming, Soft-& Hardware" section. But here's my perspective on those questions.

I've been a huge fan of Nintendo ever since I was little. I love Mario, the Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, ect., so naturally I'm sure there will be games in it's library that I will want to play.

Also, Nintendo while I would say is a quite LGBT friendly company, I wouldn't say that it's very LGBT "inclusive" with some of their recent titles like Tomodachi Life which came out in the past couple of years or so. However, Animal Crossing has always been a quiet inclusive title when it comes to gender expression. When it comes to customizing your avatar, "gendered" clothing isn't locked up and unavailable like it is in other games (first games that come to mind are Pokemon X/Y and Sun/Moon). That being said, i'm confident that Nintendo will open up eventually and be more friendly and open to it's LGBT audience. Although it's impossible to say WHEN that will be.

3. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think eventually Nintendo will be very LGBT friendly, the problem is that it's marketed more as a family company and the largest games on their consoles they produce themselves, rather than on Xbox and PS where companies get it licensed for the console. If there were LGBT characters in a Nintendo game, then it would most likely be hugely controversial and they would likely lose sales. It's just a big waiting game. I am certain that within a decade there will be a Nintendo produced game with an LGBTQ+ character or couple within the game.

** What I will also say is that Nintendo tends not to be too hung up on the concept of gender and the stereotypes that come with it, especially in games like Animal Crossing, which Gengars mentioned above.

4. Flaming Taco

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thats what I like about Nintendo. Everything is neutral, and I see nothing with them against minorities, other than the little mistake with tomodachi life.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2017 at 04:18 PM ----------

I hope now nintendo doesnt kill WiiU and 3DS wifi, like they killed the wii's

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nintendo is starting to become more LGBT inclusive. Fire Emblem titles were a good example, as I romanced Niles as Male Corrin in Fates. It's not as perfect as other titles (Bioware), but It'll get there. The only issue I can see is the controversy involved. But the gender expression in Animal Crossing is another good point others make.

6. Flaming Taco

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, Nintendo's crowd are mostly minority and we nintendo people like the goofy games. I only had a wii and 3ds, but boy, I loved the games. Especially Mario Kart. I did play Fire Emblem, and it was probably the largest game to feature a gay characters. Nintendo loves to keep things secret too, and leaks state there will be a new, original game. Maybe the character will be in the LGBT community.

7. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a whole company I think they're making progress with it like with Fire Emblem Fates. There's also the trainer you can fight in Pokemon X and Y that's heavily implied to be a trans woman but any references implying that were removed in English (you could probably blame the localization team for X and Y on that or Nintendo of America, not Nintendo of Japan or Game Freak). As for the switch itself, it definitely has potential. I'll be eagerly waiting to see what they'll be making for it besides the new Zelda game. I just hope it isn't region locked like a majority of their systems besides the GBA and original DS.

#7 kibou97, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017