1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts about depression

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by johndeere3020, Jan 6, 2017.

1. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A friend gave this to me awhile back with a note on the back that said "Please know you are not alone."

"Having anxiety and depression is like being scared and tired at the same time. It's the fear of failure but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends but hate socializing. It's wanting to be alone but not wanting to be lonely. It's caring about everything then caring about nothing. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly numb."

When does it end?

The thoughts of the boys locker room, when you are perceived to be glancing in the wrong direction for a second too long and loudly get labeled a fag.

When the little basturd sitting behind you in second period Biology class calls you a fag every morning for a year.

When your blood is all over the hallway floor cause you asked the bully to knock it off.

The thoughts of yourself as weak, perverted, outcast.

2. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    im sorry to hear this. im also suffering from depression and anxiety. im still doubting if i have bipolar disorder and k should see a therapist.

I hit my lowest point this year and the thought of living became unbearable for me. i managed to survive because of friends that made feel a bit happier little by little. im still far from fine but im managing it. i know it sounds ridiculous when you feel depressed but there are so many beautiful things in the world and it would be a shame to waste a life. i have been bullied as well but not so severely as you described. If you want to talk about your experiences and such im more than happy to listen. your friend is right. youre not alone. tpgether we can do this.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been dealing with anxiety and depression since I was a little kid, and I'm in my 20s now. I don't think it ever fully "goes away", but it's something that you just learn how to cope with or manage fully.