1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I alone to never questioned my sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HuskyLover, Jan 21, 2017.

1. HuskyLover

Now when I think about it, I'm pretty sure that I've never really doubted my sexuality. For me, I noticed the same-sex attractions at a very early age, probably around 6-7 and I never thought about it much. It's like, even from that early age, I saw it as a natural thing for me, although I was ashamed of it a bit in the beginning. Even until this day I haven't asked myself what I preferred, I haven't been confused about it or anything like that, because it has always been clear as glass, luckily.

Now I've seen tons and tons of threads by confused people, both when it comes to gender identity and sexuality, so I can't help to wonder if there is anyone here who also been this way?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never really questioned either. I knew I liked girls from the very beginning and never had the urge to experiment or "find out" because I already KNEW what I liked. If I acted on the urges it would just be like a straight person choosing to date/have sex and not the experimenting stuff people talk about.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Myself, i have questioned it for some time and only discovered myself when i was 18~19.

However, my first boyfriend told me that his situation was similiar to what you are describing: He simply always knew he was gay.

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never questioned.. but I did think it was wrong that I had attractions for the same gender and it made me feel messed up.

5. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I never questioned and wasn't ashamed until my family told me I was wrong.

6. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i just liked girls till i was about 13 then i started liking guys too. I questioned my bisexuality till i was 15 or 16 thinking i was in some kind of denial about being fully gay but my attraction to women never went away.

7. randomconnorcon

I've never questioned it. When I was a kid I was like "I wanna kiss this boy, that's cool... now I wanna kiss this girl, that's cool." When people started nothing and asking me questions about my sexuality at around 13, I would just shrug. Not because I was confused or because I was ashamed, just because I didn't feel like it was something that needed to be questioned. No one was asking my brother if he was straight, so why ask me if I'm gay or bi?

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2017 at 08:53 PM ----------

*when people started noticing

8. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same here! It also pretty much came naturally; when I saw a guy that I found very attractive and would feel turned on (before I even thought I was gay), I would just treat that feeling as a normal thing that was ok. I of course felt slightly ashamed of it at one point and even told myself that I was 90% straight and 10% gay but honestly, I was pretty much 100% gay. :slight_smile:

9. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if I can say that I never questioned my sexuality, but I've never been conflicted about it. It wasn't until I was 18 or so that I first felt romantic feelings for another guy and at that point I simply accepted that I wasn't straight. I've chickened out on coming out, but I've never felt bad about being gay or wanted to change that.

10. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't even think about it or care at all until I knew for a fact.

11. Raziel00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I always knew I liked other guys. My first boyfriend was when I was twelve I just didn't know at the time it meant I was gay. I had always wondered why all my male friends never seemed to be attracted to other guys yet I was. I never understood why they were all attracted to girls since I didn't see the big deal about it. Even though I always felt this way it wasn't until I was 17 that I actually realized I was gay and what that meant.