1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else get excited about gay teachers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Noodle72, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    have you ever found out that your teacher is LGBT and then been obsessed with that fact for way too long?

my P.E. teacher was talking about her girlfriend, and I assumed she meant a girl who is a friend, because many straight women say stuff like that. but then I overheard her saying something about when she started dating her girlfriend, and I got way too happy to hear that.

and then my English teacher seems to be dropping hints that he's gay, and I hope that he is just because this is a thing I get oddly excited about.

anyone else feel the same? or is it just me?

2. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OHmygod YES. A science teacher at my school he is and the odd excitement is so hard to explain. IDK why

3. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont think it is bad , I think that it has to do with finding an authority figure that is the same as you ^^.

Loving / obsessing the teacher tho is another story.

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure I've ever been obsessed by a teacher's sexual orientation. But in the case of one professor, it did make a lasting impact on me, and is one of the first things I think about when I think about him. It's a bit unfortunate--my thoughts should be of what happened on campus--and he might have been the best professor I had--not what gender he dated. At the time I knew him, I only heard rumors, but it was confirmed later he was gay. In fact, he was one of the earliest professors to be fully out on campus. That happened years after I had him. In my era, I think professors were to some degree closeted, even if they had tenure. At most, there were rumors, or whispered admission that a professor was gay.

My professor did give me a more positive view of gay people than I'd gotten elsewhere. So that was good.

I know of no other teacher whom I know for certain is gay. The realities of my era meant that a gay teacher had to be heavily closeted if he or she wished to keep his or her job.

5. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A teacher in my class was gay and I realised it like 7 years later, when my little brother (who was also in his class) told me, that my former teacher was married to a man. And I used to think he was single :icon_redf
    I think if I had known I would be really obsessed with him :lol: Luckily for him, I didn't know anything ^^

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To my knowledge, I never had a gay teacher. I had a teacher who believed bisexuality wasn't really a thing.

7. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None of the teachers at my school (as far as I know) are queer ;-; But we shipped our eighth grade history and science teachers together, they both biked together to school and shared a hotel room on road trips??? Like they were lowkey into each other.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2017 at 02:37 PM ----------

Oh shit I totally forgot because I'm a freshman and I don't remember anything. My principal is gay and married to a woman!

#7 galaxygia, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017