1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies similar to Brokeback Mountain?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reesespiece, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Reesespiece

i loved brokeback mountain, any similar movies ?

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is this gay themed movie entitled "Latter Days". Its one of my all time favorite gay themed movies that came out several years ago. Its similar to Brokeback Mountain to me because it deals with Aaron, is a passionate young Elder (a Mormon missionary) who wants to do his family and church proud. Christian is a shallow West Hollywood waiter/party boy who only looks forward to what man the next night will bring to him. After Aaron and three other Elders move into the apartment across from his, Christian's friends make a bet that he can't get one of them into the sack, so he instantly latches onto Aaron, suspecting there is more than meets the eye to him. There are two problems, though: Christian finds himself questioning his own identity as he falls in love with Aaron and the Mormon Church treats homosexuality as a sinful lifestyle. When Aaron's burgeoning sexuality is discovered, they will have to go through trials of regret, loss, perseverance, and forgiveness if they want to get to the thing that matters to them most: each other. I highly recommend this film.

3. BranRan12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I agree I just recently saw that not too long ago and I thought it was really good. I would also recommend the movie Lilting. Don't want to give too much away but this movie gave me all the feels and some water works...It is about a gay couple, one guy is Asian and the other is Caucasian but the asian guy ends up dying and the Caucasian guy tries to form some sort of friendship with his lover's mother, but she did not know that they were gay and together she had believed they were friends and roommates. But the Caucasian guy is trying to figure out how to go on but it's hard knowing that he can still have a connection to his former lover by forming some sort of relationship with his mother.

Also the movie Morgan is really good. It's about a gay cyclist who becomes paralyzed upon a race and ends up meeting another guy who tries to help him see that he is not helpless and he can still have a relationship and enjoy life as opposed to feeling sorry for himself. If you have Netflix, I believe that both movies are on there.