1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the dumbest way you've injured yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by olides84, Apr 11, 2009.

1. olides84

I wanna hear them :icon_mrgr

Once, I tripped over my mom's broken leg that was propped up on a chair, put my arm out to break my fall against the table, knocking over a wine glass that breaks and scoops some flesh out of my arm. Many stitches later I survive.

I'm sure you all have much better stories to tell :thumbsup:

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I Got one!!! If you want to do something really dumb, that'll get ya in the hospital for a good two weeks. Then you could always ride atop a car. I rode un-top of my sis' car once. Cracked my head open, was in the hospital for two weeks. The kick of it is. I didn't even fall off till the car was stopped and I was getting off, I slipped and fell because I'm that much of a klutz.

3. Ben

Ben

I got excited whilst watching Mickey Mouse, fell off my chair, my head whacked the corner of a table and I still have the scar above my left eye to prove it. :slight_smile:

4. SailingKoala

About five years old, playing Block (Tag), Lampposts were home - a ran straight into the lamppost splitting my head open - hospital and stitches ensued....

Fast forward a few years to 21... Door bell rings so head out my room into the dark corridor, walk to where I think it turns to the front door so I turn and walk face first into the wall - 1 broken nose - another person had to answer the door - they were sensible enough to turn the corridor light on!!

5. Greggers

I was stripping to "If U Seek Amy" and while taking my sweater off i hit my eye with the zipper and i could not open it for awhile :slight_smile:

And this has happened MORE than once :slight_smile:

6. BeautifulStranger

I was showing people my ability to knee myself in the face, I hit too hard (busting my lip open), slipped on the floor and cracked my head open on the floor.

7. pirateninja

Shutting the boot (trunk) of a car, and forgetting to take my hands away. It resulted in sheer agony, a trip to A+E, not being able to clench my fists together for weeks, and two now double jointed thumbs.

8. Dazed

Dazed Guest

yeah i was in a pissy mood and was stomping down the stairs. and no one picked up the hammer my brother was playing with and i stomped it. had to get stitches in my foot and a shot. haha im dumb.

i almost fainted from the blood

9. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eurgh, where to begin. I was constantly in hospital for banging my head as a kid. I had some strange reflex that made me want to protect my hands whenever I fell over, and instead I'd block the fall using my head. Apparently my mum and dad got questioned by social services because of how often I had bruises on my head. :astonished:

The most stupidest injury has to be when I decided to ride my bike down my street with my eyes closed. I wanted to see how far I could ride before falling over, and instead I ran into a car, fell off and ripped my hands open on the concrete. >.<

I was a clumsy muppettttt.

10. Shevanel

This story is basically the epitome of what being Joey is. A total clueless klutz.

So one day this past summer My mother and I come home from food shopping and start unloading the groceries from the back of our truck. For some stupid reason, i decide it'd be a good idea to sorta jog/run to and from the house. My mother goes off to talk to the Gardner guy or whoever he was and they're standing in the street. Now in my front yard we have a tree. and hanging from this tree is a hanging plant. like, in a plastic container and stuff ( a rather hard one at that). So this plant is hanging in the path of me and the truck. So for some reason as I'm running back, I decide I don't see this plant at all. and run head on into it. It hit me right on the top of the nose and like around my eye. Mighty Hard. So what I do in reaction to that is yell "Fuck!"... right next to my mom lol. She didn't say anything about the curse but I'm sure she didn't appreciate it too much. after that i started laughing at the ridiculousness of it. It gave me somewhat of a scar. You can see it in some of my pictures actually, especially the ones where i'm wearing my shirt that says "Save A Wave, Ride A Surfer".

Anyway, Yes, i'm a totally clueless idiot :grin:

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I was skipping like a girl back inside then I slipped on something slimy and hit my ribs on the edge of the floor, I never knew what the slimy thing was..

12. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One time in elementary school I walked in front of a swingset at a reasonable distance and still somehow got kicked right in the side, sending me flying across the playground, but I was pretty much okay. I've never seriously injured myself, though.

13. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All the anecdotes so far have been good, I've laughed at most of them :slight_smile:

Hmm, the best one I can think of at the moment for myself was when I was rather young. I had a lovely habit of making things for people. On this particular day, I decided to make little notebooks with personalised sketches on the covers, one for both of my parents. I had finished the first book, and realising that I required a stapler to put it all together, went downstairs to get one.
    Back in my room, I get stapling and the third one I staple somehow manages to go into my thumb and not the notebook! BLOOD EVERYWHERE XD I was sort of in quiet awe and I go to find my Mum and ask her to take it out. To this day I have a very faint scar on my thumb, gah silly me XD XD

14. leonardo1145

leonardo1145 Guest

i was running from my sister because we were play fighting and i didn't want her to hit me.
    i get my foot stuck in her bag and somehow slid across the tile floor to land face first into the window. i got a bloody nose and my grandma just stayed there laughing.

15. Apocalypte

I was jumping off a 6ft wall to try and catch my little brother because he'd robbed my sweets, and when I landed I put my front teeth through my lip. 16 years on, I still have a small scar from it.

16. Absentminded

Mine was probably trying to save a new car from getting scratched by a runaway shopping cart. I went to get out of my mum's car to get it, and the door opened, slammed back, and then went right through my eyebrow. I had to get stitches and almost severed a nerve in my eyebrow. I have the scar still.

17. SlickyPants

I don't do stupid things so there is no interesting story there. I have also never been seriously injured so not even a drab story either.

18. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was younger I was sharpening my pencil when the end broke off in the sharpener, for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to put my finger in to try and dislodge it, but whilst my finger was in there I turned it, slicing my finger open!

19. Miles D

Well, stepped on a needle and half of it broke off into my foot. it took two surgeries to get it out :confused:
    and on new years eve, I was playing tag at my cousins house and misjudged where the curb to his driveway was, and I tripped over the curb and my forehead caught my fall. i had a black eye for two weeks. (I have a picture in my album!) :grin:

20. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was three, I ran into the corner of a metal bed frame when I was playing with my little brother... I've now got a 2.5 cm scar that goes through my right eyebrow.

Once my brother was chasing me and I ran down the stairs and tripped over one of his shoes that he hadn't put away properly. I broke two toes.

Twice last year in gym class I was covering people and they turned around suddenly and (since I'm relatively tall for a girl and all the guys in my gym class were short) their heads made contact with my nose. Both times, one in the first half of the year and once in the second half, I had a nose bleed for about 20 minutes. After both, when I could actually touch my nose again without nearly crying, something had started to click, so although there is no visible deformation, I think I may have broken it each time. My nose never clicked in either of those two places before, lol.