1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail question (US)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Browncoat, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, very brief backstory, I have a relative I no longer wish to receive post from (don't ask). So I am wondering, would it be ok for me to write RTS (return to sender) on their letters/post, even though they did in fact put my correct address down? Or is RTS only acceptable when you wish to indicate that the addressee no longer lives at the listed address? And if that was the case, is there any sort of arrangement I can make with the post office, or am I just going to have to be satisfied with tossing their letters?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can contact the Post Office and let them know that you no longer wish to receive mail from whomever. However, they may ask you if you can contact the individual to let them know this. More than likely...if you do not wish for them to get in your business...they should take down the individual's name and address and put a notation in their system of your request.