1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh -.-; (Can't Think Of A Good Title </3)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tim, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim

So, my friend and I were talking (still not sure how we got onto the topics we talked about), but in a nutshell, he essentially told me I wasn't gay. (Yes, he's straight for those wondering, but his dad is gay XD)

Why pray tell do you ask? Because I have no desire to have sex with men.

Now, I can't really explain this, but I have no desire for sex period, but I am attracted to men. I just don't find sex appealing ._.

So, my question: What do you guys think um... How should I word this, Um... characterizes someone as being Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual?

2. Miles D

I feel the same as you. Sex just doesn't seem that great...
    Maybe we're gay asexuals.
    :confused:

3. Mickey

I'm one that believes that you don't have to have sex to actually be gay.
    It's also about attraction,emotions and how you think.
    Who knows,maybe eventually you'll find the one person that makes you feel sexual.
    It may have something to do with self-acceptance. The more you accept yourself,the better the chances of letting your guard down.
    I'm not really sure,but that's my opinion.

4. aerwolfen

being upon as you are and fantasizing about men is normal,who said you had to get into bed with all your interests, to me shows yo have a level head on your shoulders ,you know what you lke and want without bowing down to temptation,nothing wrong with having morals,i say good for you,your normal ! we all have opinions choices,that we follow,your gay,we know it most importantly you know it and accept it, but since when is there a code of conduct that we must follow,the only one you really need to follow is your heart, why question it.it is what makes you special, i like that,good for you ,continue living for yourself,your the most important person ,and you have to live with yourself ,be happy and proud.

5. partietraumatic

maybe its possible that there is 'emotionally gay' and 'sexually gay'...i dunno,just gonna throw that out there. personally im attracted to guys on both levels. But i know people who are the opposite of what youve described- ie the only thing that attracts them to guys is a sexual thing...

6. Eccentric

There are loads of people, gay, straight, or whatever, whose lives don't revolve around sex. So you're attracted to guys, so what? There's so much more to life than just guys.

7. SailingKoala

It's not for anybody else to label you, or tell you what you are or not. Like Mickey says it's all about emotions and level of attraction and you will find someone that you find sexual attraction too. I find I have 2 very distinct groups of attractions 1 group is a mentally/ emotional attraction someone who I could talk forever with, and the other is just simply sexual - I still hope to find the one that is both.... so for now I say be happy be yourself and not let what others wanna say change who you are.

8. pianolover95

You don't have to have sex to be straight. You don't have to have sex to be gay. I think being gay is just the attraction toward members of the same sex.

9. Apocalypte

This... this exactly is how I feel.

10. Jamie G

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wasnt aware you had to have actually had sex, or specifically want sex with a person of the same sex to be 'classified' if you like, as gay. You can be attracted to people emotionally, and or physically, you may love someones body but may not find you like there personality, and vis-versa.

Also some people have a much higher sex drive than others it's not a bad thing or a good thing, some people just don't want much or any sex at all, it's all down to the individual.

I personally belive that if you are happy with what you are attracted too you don't need to label it, i persoanlly found it helpful the first time I truly accepted myself, and the label I found I liked, but it's not for everyone..you are what you are just be happy! :thumbsup:

11. Jeimuzu

Gay sex is enjoyable to straight guys. Straight guys have prostates too, and a bj will feel good whoever is giving you it. Sex isn't the measure of sexuality; it's so much more than that. I think sex is part of it, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's a major one.

12. Jaqua

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kind of in the same position.
    I identify as Pansexual (in the sense I simply fall in love)
    But sexually, i'm asexual.
    Sex sounds interesting, but I really have no desire to do anything of the sort.

13. Just Adam

sex is just a physical way of showing love and an animalistic form of pleasure you can be gay emotionally fine without having sex. i look at a lot of guys and feel nothing just like i do with women beeing gay doesent mean you see a guy and want to pounce on him.... just that you are attracted to them in a whole and it goes deeper than physical :wink: your mate just dont understand the difference between physical expression and emotional :grin:

14. Eleanor Rigby

I think that if you are attracted to men, then you are gay. The fact that you don't feel sexual urge doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you are gay or not.
    My husband clearly identifies himself has straight, because he only feels attraction for women, the fact that sex doesn't interest him at all doesn't interfer with the fact that he feels straight.

15. pianomike

Being gay isn't all about sex (although that's part of it) but just loving and being loved.

16. nametakenagain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd say that you are asexual and homoromantic.