1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addicted to depression

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ozma, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Ozma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, depression likes to mess with me. Some days it's there, other days it's not. My mental health issues have become so much of my miserable existence, without it, something feels missing. On those rare days where I'm not feeling miserable it feels strange. It's almost scary how depression and sadness are now part of my person. I don't like it, in fact, I hate my depression, but now it has become me. Does anyone else feel like this?

2. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hate my depression, but now it has become me.

You don't have to feel this way. It can get better. For 25 years I felt as you do. I chose to get some help, some meds and someone to talk to. There are more bright days then sad ones now. Any time you want to talk leave a message on my wall.

Dean

3. Georgia111

Hi GreyAsh...yes, I have felt like depression was becoming a part of me and I also hated it but that's when I realized I needed to get help. Do u go to a professional to help with ur depression? I went to a psychiatrist and she really helped me. I spoke to her about the underlying cause of my depression and she gave me advice as well. I've also been on antidepressants. Things have been getting better for me and I'm now in a much better place than I was a few months ago by thinking positively, getting regular exercise and of course,
    my antidpressants helped as well. Try to let go of whatever it is that's bothering you, get involved in activities u enjoy and know that you are a very special person <3 nothing is wrong with seeking help if you need it and remember nothing is permanent. You will get over your depression if you do what is required to help you enjoy life to the fullest. Most importantly, always remember to Think positively! Best of luck to u :slight_smile: I know you will strt feeling betr soon !!

#3 Georgia111, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  4. LiamC

The best thing I find is just realise that, if you do things, you will probably enjoy them. I spend so much time just holed up all by myself in the room, if my best friend makes me do things I do enjoy them, and I try to tell myself and remind myself that I do enjoy things and I shouldn't shut myself away, because that never helps. I know that's easier said than done, because some days just getting out of bed to do said things feels impossible, but I always find that once I drag myself and immerse myself in something I enjoy it helps immeasurably, even if only temporarily until I get back to my room and overthink myself into being down again.

#4 LiamC, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
  5. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't necessarily suffer from depression, but I suffer more so from anxiety. I have times in which I've felt sad. I feel the same way, but with anxiety. My anxiety likes to mess with me. I hate how it fluctuates.