1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you any guys join a sorority or fraternity in college while closeted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Xemptor90, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Xemptor90

Xemptor90 Guest

Personally, I dont plan on joining a sorority while I'm currently in college because that's not for me. However, for anyone who is in an sorority, I'd like to know how the experience while closeted was as well as how your "brothers" or "sisters" reacted when you told them you were LGBT (if you came out to them). I've always been curious about this.

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope, I'm not in a fraternity and it really doesn't seem like something I'd like doing.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Flowey

Is it like an exclusively American thing? I have never seen a sorority or fraternity before! I honestly thought they were just fiction :lol:

5. Xemptor90

Xemptor90 Guest

Yeah they do exist.:grin:There are certain sororities/fraternities that do have their chapters in a few countries but for the most part majority of them are in America. Particularly in the colleges/universities. In my university, there are mainy types of sororities/fraternities whether it be for certain racial groups, or majors.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does Phi Beta Kappa count?:lol:

7. Xemptor90

Xemptor90 Guest

From what I know, Phi Beta Kappa is technically an honor society but it shares some characteristics of Greek orgs so it's occasionally viewed as a fraternity.

8. guitar

Frat's/Sor's tend not to be that big of a deal in Canada. Most people I know didn't join one, nor did I. But if I had, I would have been closeted at the time. Ironically, it was at a "frat" party of sorts that I first came out to someone.

9. SorcererRoland

I joined a gay fraternity in college and it was fun. They had a no hazing and no relationship policy which makes sense. My fraternity brother would go cruising on the beach while I took a walk.