1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Stories

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sigtu12034, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone
    This thread is for people who are interested in sharing their coming out stories and their feelings about it :slight_smile:

I came out at school last year when i was 12, almost 13. Now I am 13 years old, and this year i came out to my mom as bisexual although I'm gay... I just wasn't able to tell her the full truth. At school, my friends kept on asking me who I like, which really annoyed me (obviously, they would all expect that I like a girl). Eventually, I just said it; I told them I like a guy. They wouldn't believe me. They all thought I was joking. I had to convince them one by one, and everytime the conversation came up, I felt awkward. But I just couldn't keep it a secret anymore. It wasn't until last month that they all believe me and take me seriously. I'm not facing any major difficulties at school right now, but my friends keep on making gay jokes around me (more like teasing me rather than making fun of me). I find that really annoying sometimes... In addition, they can't keep their mouths shut. They don't really mean to hurt me (I hope so), but they just talk too much. Even one of my teachers knows, but thank god he isnt homophobic. Unfortunately, I live in Lebanon, which makes everything worse. It's not like most of you think, there is nothing illegal about homosexuality; however, it is not really tolerated (if two guys hold hands in public, everyone stares at them as if what they are doing is shameful). So this is my story... it's not really the worst but it's not the perfect life for a gay teen...

What about you? :slight_smile:

2. SiKiHe

There's actually a whole sub dedicated to this, under Coming Out Advice. There you can find a lot of other people's stories already posted :icon_bigg

3. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.