1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

books

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by limfjord96, Apr 13, 2009.

1. limfjord96

any one know of any good books that deal with gay issues. I tried to search for books ob male sexuality and dealing with coming out, but there are a ton and they all look almost like what im looking for. So suggestions?

2. peaceLOVEandNYC

i was thinking about rebelling against Barnes and Nobles because they carry absolutely NO coming out books! i even went to the store in greenwich village and they didn't have it!!!

i did find a good one for my family (Straight Parents Gay Children) and i have been using this website as a reference for myself lol but a friend of mine bought http://www.amazon.com/Outing-Yourself-Lesbian-Friends-Coworkers/dp/0684826178/ref=pd_sim_b_4 and she said it really helped her.

good luck with everything! i'm always around for a chat lol just trying to get myself acclimated in here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. sdc91

I didn't get any books specifically about coming out, although I was able to leaf through a few pages of some via Amazon's preview thing.

If you want a good read by a gay author, try some of David Sedaris' books. I recommend Me Talk Pretty One Day and When You are Engulfed in Flames. They're collections of his essays, and some include topics of his bf and his experience growing up as gay.