1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working holiday Australia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PianoKeys, Feb 14, 2017.

1. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi! I am considering to go to Australia for a working holiday. To Sydney but to fly to Perth seems cheaper.

Anyone has tips or advice ? if I do go I will be completely alone and that is kind of scary. I dont know if I will go trough with it but it is a good time to start discovering online a bit on how it is.

I also hear it is hard to get a job there right now?

2. musicenthusiast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know too much about Sydney or Perth, but Australia is a great country to live in! Finding a job depends on your experience and what industry you're looking for work in. Have you had a look online at jobs you might be interested in? You are probably most likely to find a job in Sydney or Melbourne since they're the biggest cities. I think it'll be easy to meet new people and make new friends when you have a job. Australians are generally pretty easy going and friendly, so I wouldn't worry too much.

3. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you, what I hear and see it seems Australian are pretty relaxed! Keep hearing it : )

I look for work in IT but I am pretty flexible, love to work with animals to etc. but that is more outside of the cities of course.

4. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, one of my friends went travelling with her boyfriend to Australia (she hung around the Gold coast for 6 months) and she got a job pretty easily in the tourist industry while he got a comfy office job that hired him pretty easily. Long story short they broke up while they were there and she was able to support herself with the touristy job (she worked at a themepark there) so I'd say go for it.

Also; a little bit of assuming here, but your location says Netherlands...perhaps you know Dutch? That could come in handy as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Second languages always help.

Good luck! :grin:

5. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks, that does not sound bad at all ! I speak Dutch yes and slightly German and another Asian language a little bit which I am studying.

Ahh Australian sunshines !

Its just that if Im there I am a bit worried to let people know I am alone, unless its is an employer