1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ways you can tell if another guy is interested in you??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DisableAcc, Feb 15, 2017.

1. DisableAcc

DisableAcc Guest

One thing I hate about being gay is that we can rarely know when it is safe to flirt with another guy. This is how I feel about the guys in my school. Ive made eye contact with lots of guys and everytime we speak to each other its never hostile or uncomfortable. This led me to believe that i am just being used as their ego booster, nothing more. But im nkt fully sure, since we're all going to graduate soon. How can you guys tell if another guy is flirting with you, if they're closeted too?

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OMG yes. I've seriously debated just wearing a necklace or pin that has something to do with the LGBT community after i move out and come out so hopefully this won't be as much of a problem. Idk that that would help much though. I'm shy, awkward, and bad enough at reading people to begin with. I've literally never even dated anybody. I'd love to be able to date my first girlfriend someday but the reality that i have no clue how to tell if somebody's gay or straight without fishing for it...god that's so intimidating. Yes i'm a girl and i commented but i figured if this is a problem for me it will probably be a problem for other gay girls too. The title sounded like it could be applicable anyways. You don't mind, do you?

3. CanadianRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is hard to detect from guys in passing. Engaging in conversation with other guys helps to reveal some signs to look for
    1. Smiles at you - this alone doesn't mean anything, but with some of the below signs, it could be a good indicator.
    2. Eye Contact - does he look at you a little longer than normal. Doe he look away if you look into his eyes?
    3. Mirroring - sometimes if a guy likes you, he will mirror your body language. It is not a conscious thing, it just happens.
    4. Touching - when a guy speaks, he may touch your arm or shoulder frequently as he is speaking
    5. Asks about you - a guy that is interested in you will want to know more about you and you may notice a guy that likes you to be more interested to get to know you

Anyway, hope that helps. There is always a risk of rejection in these scenarios, no matter how many signs you may see but you just move on from there.

4. DisableAcc

DisableAcc Guest

Lol of course I dont mind!!! We're having the same problem