1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How out is "All the way out"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Riverhawk, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Riverhawk

Riverhawk Guest

What would you say constitutes "all the way out"?

Here's my way of thinking: I have told almost everyone that I think should know ie:
    -Parents
    -Siblings (and their significant others)
    -7 of my closest friends

and I would consider myself to be "all the way out". I have other friends that aren't as close that I may tell eventually but, after all, straight people don't come out to everyone so I don't have to necessarily bring it up with everyone that I know. It's not like I'm going to introduce myself to everyone like "Hi, I'm gay." Gay is just a part of who I am, not the whole thing.

So what would you consider "All the way out"

2. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would say 'all the way out' would be basically as you have described - maybe with the added detail of being okay with friends telling others (strangers included) about your orientation. Rather than restricting it to just those you have personally told.

Also, I agree, some people don't really need to know - telling them won't change anyone's life.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me, all the way out is when you've told everyone you know, and don't mind telling new people you meet, or them telling others. Meaning, you are so comfortable with it that you treat it as a matter-of-fact kind of thing rather than keeping it hush-hush. I'm at that point now and it feels awesome! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. guitar

For me, Everyone in my family knows, all of my co-workers know, my friends all know. I'm perfectly fine with displays of affection in public, I wear a pride bracelet, my Facebook says I'm into men. As long as I feel safe, I have no issue with telling perfect strangers about my sexuality, though it's not like I'm screaming it from the rooftop.