1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good Chest Binding Methods?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lizz, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Lizz

Hi. I'm looking into getting something to flatten my chest. Either a compression bra or a chest binder. I want to get a brand I can buy in-store and try on before hand. Anyone know of any brands, stores, or other methods? I'd also like to know what works bet and some of your experiences if that's possible. Thanks.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actual chest binders are definitely the safest & most effective method. Unfortunately, chest binders aren't usually in stores, so if that's the most important thing to you, you'll need to get a compression bra. Underworks and gc2b are the most common brands of binders, Underworks ones were originally created for cis men with gynecomastia & gc2b for trans people. Underworks binders tend to be tighter than gc2b ones, & black underworks binders are stretchier than white ones.

Also, if you have a large chest, a full binder rather than a half-tank style one will probably cover you better (for lack of a better term), but I find that full binders don't flatten my chest as much and tend to roll up, which looks kind of awkward.

Other types of binders I've heard are safe are a camisole binder, pantyhose binder (this one can chafe), or double sports bras.

Note that the type of binders you find on Amazon that are made from spandex/nylon, or any other non-flexible material are unsafe, as well as ace bandages & tape. If you use another type of binder, the same safety rules apply: don't exercise in a binder, don't bind for more than 8 hours a day, don't sleep in a binder, wear only one in your size.

Other resources you should check out: FTM Advice/Information, Hudson's Guide: FTM Binding

3. Lizz

The in-store thing isn't a priority but it'd help since I would rather try it one before purchasing.

4. HojaVioleta

There are no actual shops that I know of that sell binders. If you want to try a sports bra then a shop will let you try on, but you might well find that's not good enough.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Walmart apparently sells them online, but I don't know of any in-store places you can go to to try them on first.

6. Lizz

Thanks.