1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends moms got married!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 2qt2bblond, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 2qt2bblond

I wasn't really sure where to put this post... I just know that I need to share what happened.

My friend has two moms who recently got married in Connecticut and then had another ceremony here (new york). I was invited and it was probably the coolest thing ever! It took place at a unitarian church where everybody was excepting and tolerant. They had a really sweet ceremony and then afterwards an ice cream social.

During the social a grandparent got up to make a toast. He announced how happy he was that his daughter was able to finally get married (after 20 years of being with her partner) and he thanked the states that had legalized gay marriage. He also urged the state of New York to hurry up and join the program.

I haven't come out yet, but after being a part of such a groundbreaking ceremony I felt, for the first time, my gay pride act up. I just wanted to shout to the world I LIKE GIRLS!!!!! and have everyone know that I was part of the movement for gay rights. I haven't done this yet but I hope to soon be able to announce myself to everyone.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ahh.........that great! It was probably a huge self-esteem builder for you to be included and to see the acceptance and love from family and friends that were there. I'm glad you were able to go!

3. Emile

Emile Guest

That is so cool! That's such a happy story :slight_smile: , thanks for sharing!

4. chatolandia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My friends got married in Massachussets, they had been together for a long time also, I wish they could do it here

5. Eponine

That's awesome. :slight_smile:

6. Lychee

Yayayayayayay!!!

7. Bryan44

8. Starshine16

That's totally awesome.My family has friends that reccently got married as well.One lesbian couple got married in Canada and the other got married in California before Prop 8.