1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a cheer-up. Anyone want to chat?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aesthcore, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Aesthcore

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (Don't know if many people are online at the moment, but -)
    I normally just keep to myself when I'm feeling down, but I'm feeling really stressed, lonely, afraid, etc, at the moment. I don't know why, but I feel like connecting with other people and just having some casual chatting would help a little this time 'round.

So if anyone wants to chat with me and/or others here, please do feel free to post. c:

How are you all doing? I hope life is treating you well.

2. Sketchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling all those things; life is confusing enough without that cocktail of emotions. It's really good to reach out to others though, and often it really does help, so good on you for having the courage to post.

I read your bio and see you're an artist! I am also an aspiring artist haha; I'm always open to talking about that. Actually, I'm pretty much open to chat about anything - movies, TV, books etc. What sort of things do you like?

3. Aesthcore

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi there! And thank you, I appreciate it.
    I'm pretty used to keeping my emotions to my self most of the time - sometimes deliberately, others simply because I don't have anyone (outside of my family) to chat with. So I tend to be pretty reserved kind of out of habit. I also have a lot of social anxiety, so socializing isn't always the best coarse of action, even when I might crave it sometimes. But when you don't talk to people for weeks, months, etc, on hand, it does get admittedly lonely. c:>

Though with that said, I definitely agree that more often than not, reaching out can be very beneficial, no matter what type of person you are.

I like how relatable your bio is.
    Haha, salutations fellow artist! If you'd be willing and open to share, I'm intrigued to see some of your artwork. Of course, if you'd rather not, that's perfectly understandable.

Am I correct to assume you draw anime? If I am, what (other) things might you draw?

I haven't read books in a very long while, though I'd like to get into them at some point in the not-too-distant future. My brain probably needs the excercise. I just often find it hard to pick up a book, even if it sounds good. Though as my bio says, I'm a huge procrastinator, even regarding entertainment/pleasure, so that's probably part of it. Another factor is probably my generally-abysmal level/ability to focus/concentrate.

I can enjoy almost - if not every - genre, so long as it ties in with my present mood. And that's regarding any sort of media, be it books, TV, movies... Even art (of any medium) or otherwise. Although I can say this: Out of all genres, I'm all about paranormal stuff, like... about 95% of the time, at least. And light-hearted comedy or romcoms are often my go to to combat a down or depressed mood (though that's likely common among most people).

Ooh, and I can never get enough of animated movies.

And... Regarding hobbies, I honestly don't really have much else than art or watching videos/movies/series unfortunately.

What about you; what things do you like?

(P.S - Sorry about the wall of text... I don't mean to blabber; I often just like to be thorough. Hopefully it isn't too much of a bother.)

4. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, man, I find cat videos work wonders when you are stressed. Or just looking at cute animals. There is a thread somewhere where everyone posted a picture of their pets. Man, they were cute. But I think videos are more effective.

Anyway, you think a casual chat would help?
    Okay. What are you up to? What video games do you like?

5. Sketchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oooh no don't worry about 'wall of text syndrome' - I like to be thorough too!

I have drawn anime, although recently I've been doing more realistic style for college work. 'My' style is very much still in development, and I'm just playing around with different genres for now. I am in the process of learning digital art, so most of my better stuff for now is traditional; I'd be happy to share haha but don't have too high expectations - a lot of my work is experimentation and practise, so doesn't quite have the 'perfected' or 'finished' look.

I'd completely recommend short stories! Sometimes when my brain's feeling tired or scatty but I want something to read, a short story really does it for me. I don't think you should feel pressured to read though - read if it's fun; it shouldn't feel like work!

I'm the same genre-wise; my tastes are pretty diverse. I love paranormal things as well; not so much books as I find a lot of these are clichéd (though I read a lot of sci-fi), but TV shows seem to be good for that kind of thing. And yes, nothing beats a cosy rom-com when you need a lift or are just feeling indulgent. 'Feel-good' anime's are also one of my go-to's when I'm feeling down.

And animated movies. Obviously (*coughs*DISNEY*coughs*)

Art is a very time-consuming hobby; I don't think it matters at all that art and watching stuff are your main hobbies - you should just do what makes you happy!

It seems we have fairly similar tastes so there isn't much to add in times of what I like! I do run, which is a passion of mine; in fact I enjoy pretty much any fitness-y thing, though I don't always have the time.

I like cleaning and organising haha. I've received/am receiving treatment for OCD, so actually I'm a lot better in terms of letting it upset me, but I'll always like organising and cleaning stuff and I'm okay with that.

I'd say my music taste is 'alternative', but within that comes country, folk, indie, death metal...so again my tastes are pretty varied! Like you it depends on my mood, but I like to get a bit of everything. The only things I definitely don't like are modern pop, dubstep or 'gangster' rap and sappy romance novels.

Hmmm...what else....I'm a vegetarian? I was vegan for 7 years but developed a protein and mineral deficiency so I eat eggs and yogurt now. But I care greatly for animals and equal treatment of all living beings.

I'd love to see some of your art too if you're okay sharing (obviously np if not!) I'll go see if I can scan in some of my stuff :slight_smile:

6. Aesthcore

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (P.S - I haven't slept yet, so I think I'm going to go lay down for a short nap. I'll leave this post here, and I shall return in a couple hours.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

@Assassin'sKat | Oh man, yes, I love animal videos! They really make me 'aww' aloud. Although really, it just makes me want to surround myself with a crap-ton of animals- any animals. And then I feel sad that I can't do that! Haha, but no, I do enjoy those as well! Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm not really up to much. I was going back and forth between watching youtuber videos on Youtube and going on my computer to briefly doodle or go on here (EmptyClosets).

Concerning video games, once again, I'm pretty diverse in what I can like. Although there are probably some other games, some of the games off the top of my head that I enjoy playing is Splatoon, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Plants VS Zombies Heroes, Earthbound, etc. I like Harvest Moon as well, but I haven't played that in a while. Minecraft is another I haven't played in a little bit, but that's because that I forgot my login Info, hah.

I also just started on Until Dawn, but I'm procrastinating on playing it due to the movement style of the game. It's kind of bugging me out, as I'm not used to that type of maneuver.

What games do you like?
    And what kinds of TV series do you like?

---------

@Sketchy | Ah, glad to know! I often worry that I'm spilling my guts too much when I shouldn't be, haha.

Ooh, that's cool! What type of college work? Also, out of curiosity, do you have a Tablet for your digital art, or are you working with a mouse?
    I can relate with the experimentation/inconsistent style. I'm always experimenting and such with style, coloring, etc. Though most of the time, I'm inconsistent in my art unintentionally. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had an actual style.

I haven't drawn more than a couple traditional drawings myself in several years. I've been adapted to Digital Art for quite a long time. Although I've severely slowed down in drawing anything other than what's involved with my Virtual Pet Site work, as I have pretty low self-esteem in my art at the moment. I desperately need to relearn/learn anatomy so I can actually draw again. Although I've been in a rut in general inspiration, as well, so I never know what to draw anyway. Haha, needless to say, I'm struggling in it.

I do sometimes read short stories/fanfics to tide me over when I want to read something. You do have a good point in that it shouldn't be a chore. But I really do want to get into reading books- I know it's healthy for my mind, and I'm sure there are books out there I'd enjoy reading. I just need to... I don't know, figure out something to get me into it. It would help if I could improve my focus somehow- Which is something I've been intending to do, probably with an app of some sort for improving focus.

That's awesome that you love paranormal stuff too!
    Ah yes, a feel-good anime would be great, too. I haven't touched anime in a long while. I guess I can be sort of hesitant when it comes to picking out animes to watch.

What are your favorite animes?
    A couple ones off the top of my head that I really like are Inuyasha and Clannad.

Disney, Pixar, (sometimes) Dreamworks, etc... Sign me up! I've seen most of the famous animated movies, so I just rewatch them a bunch now.
    Ooh, if you like Paranormal things (and/or horror. I like horror as well as paranormal-), there's a stop-motion movie called Coraline that, while very odd, is very well made. It's one of my favorite movies, so I'm constantly rewatching it.

That's true, art is a time-consuming hobby. Although since I don't really do much of it anyway lately, it's not really an obstacle in me forming other hobbies. Unfortunately, it's my circumstances that don't allow me an opportunity to form new hobbies, so all I really can do is art or watch videos/movies.

It's cool to know we have a decent amount of stuff in common! Fitness is a great passion to have, I'm happy to hear you enjoy it.

Sorry to hear you have OCD, I imagine that must've been/must be torturous. I've considered some of my tendencies minorly OCD before, but in an actual diagnosis basis, I probably don't have official OCD. I'm glad you're doing better with it now, though.
    The family shares one or two chores each, all except for my Mom who insists on doing the rest (majority) of them. I do enjoy doing chores though- even despite my procrastination, when it comes to doing things for other people, I'll usually jump right on it with no problems. I love helping when I can.

I like some good folk and indie music. My tastes include both alternative and some mainstream stuff. I like a lot of Modern Pop. I enjoy Dubstep personally, as well. But I don't like gangster rap, either.
    I don't mind sappy romance stuff. Honestly, I can appreciate a good, even cliche, happy-ending story. I'm a sucker for happy endings, and those types of things can sometimes be an escape for me.

You don't know how happy it makes me to hear your view on animals, though! Good on you, seriously. And good for you for being vegetarian.
    I'm very passionate about animals and other living beings, so it really makes me proud and makes my day to find someone with the same views.
    I'm vegetarian. I'd like to be full-on vegan, but unfortunately I don't have much choice at the moment. Though when my life actually allows for it, I'm there in a heartbeat.

I would love to show my art, but I'm really self-conscious and easily embarrassed about it. xD; But... Here's something to give an idea (I felt compelled to draw up something new I was comfortable in showing, so I just now drew this.):

[​IMG]

7. Je551ca1220

Hello,

If you need cheering up, just reply to this message!!

8. clocky

*Insert nice and funny reply here*

9. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It is green and it slides of a mountain ? *My moms joke she will repeat until eternity, breaking time and space continuum *

10. Aesthcore

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haha, hello Je551ca1220 and Clocky. How are you? c:

Hello PianoKeys. I don't know... Envy/jealousy?

11. Justinian20

Robot malfunctioning cannot process answer. It is impossible. Blast my datacard, beep beep. Robot reboot all systems. Systems rebooted.

Hello I am Justinian the XX, how may I serve.

12. Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's a picture of puppies. Feel better yet? :icon_bigg

[​IMG]

13. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life is going meh but I am chugging along .... Body dysmorphic + deppression is a bitch

14. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm doing okay. Life could be better though. I feel fine right now. Most of the time, I feel neutral. I'm trying to complete some work for this semester. I'm a college student.

15. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No...nooo .... brace yourself:

Code:
    A skiwi!!!!!!
    :music:

A skiwi!!!

16. Sketchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh. My. Gosh. That...I...what?! I am completely speechless Defecte YOUR ART WAAAAH??!!!! Oh my...oh...I literally don't know how to respond. That's completely fantastically ohmygosh. Sorry I don't want to embarrass you; but wow. w - o - w

I'm sure you've heard this before, but I think all artists suffer from self-doubt and block. I'd be lying if I said that at this moment, I didn't feel pretty crap about my art skills. I'm studying art at college though and desperately trying to get better. But more importantly, I am desperately trying to be less hard on myself. I think you need to cut yourself some slack. I think we all do. And this applies to more than just art. Everyone does things differently, works at different paces etc. We have to be more accepting of ourselves.

I find puzzle books help me with concentrating if that helps at all. Doesn't have to be complicated Sudoku or Crosswords; word searches, spot the difference, mazes etc. all help I think.

Hmmm favourite anime...I love Natsume's Book Of Friends. Stein's Gate. Used to love Fairy Tail as a more light hearted one but I read the manga as well, and recent events have really turned me off it :/ FMA: Brotherhood is also one of my all time favourites. And obviously Sailor Moon xD In terms of feel-good, Barakamon and Usagi Drop are my favourites.

Yes I love Coraline! The director is Tim Burton, and I watch all his stop-motion movies (and a lot of his live-action stuff too haha) Have you seen Paranorman? If you liked Coraline you're sure to like Paranorman. Actually, you'll probably like most of Tim Burton's stuff.

I agree with the happy endings thing; I like happy endings. I guess rather than 'sappy' I meant 'unbelievable'. Like, the kind of book which takes itself seriously but really all it amounts to is crush>needless drama>tragic loss>predictable resolution. I like romance in books, but tend to avoid purely modern (the classics are untouchable!) romantic novels: too many disappointing stories.

As you say it's nice to find someone with similar views on animals! And a fellow veggie (;

I'm sorry if you're current situation is difficult. It sounds like you're going through a tough time, and your choices in life are limited. It's clichéd, but in rough times it can help to focus on what's good - little things. Like meeting a fellow arty veggie online xD Or accomplishing that amazing Sailor Moon drawing - no joke, I'd kill to be able to do that. One day, I hope I will. Or all the responses you've got to this post - all these people wanting to have a chat, or help. Don't feel guilty about it (I do that sometimes) just observe the good, and remember that nothing ever stays the same. When life gets you down, remember: Life will always be difficult, that's a fact of life, but it won't always be this way. You won't always feel this way.

Sorry for getting a bit serious (and if I sound preachy!), but really I want you to know you are supported. I don't even know you, but I like the person you've described, and I admire and respect them for their honesty, their courage, their values/likes and their ART. Sometimes it helps to know when you don't believe in yourself that other people do.

Sketchy x

17. Chickzak

Everyone has sad or lonely moments every now and again; seeing this post and all the replies really made me smile though! EC is genuinely a fantastic community and there's someone who's happy to listen to anything you want to say, providing you make the first steps and ask! So good on you OP :slight_smile:

If ever there's anything I can do, give me a shout! And the same can be said to everyone else who reads this post, there's always someone who's willing to listen or chat