1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your dreams in life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vega222, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

Actually I don't have any big dream, I want to have an ordinary life, Including one or more child, a spouse, and have some money and an ordinary job.
    What do you think about my dreams? None of my friends have such dreams. Why i have such dreams?

And specially for someone who is not straight, How is it? Isn't this uncommon to want to marry or have child? How exactly is this things for other homosexuals?

And tell me and others, what are your dreams?:slight_smile:

2. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think it's uncommon to want to marry and have a child. If it were, we probably wouldn't fight/be fighting for marriage rights and adoption rights.

My dream is similar to yours. Settle down with someone, maybe have a kid, and an ordinary job. In this fantasy I'm also financially stable (somehow) and have a bunch of cats.

3. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting, I do love cats too. :slight_smile: But i don't know why i didn't mention it, I think it's not difficult and i'm sure i can have one or more cats in the future, So i didn't mention it.

4. Luca00

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As Nils said, I don't think you're alone (I too would like to get married and maybe (?) have a child).

I think the thing is that the common representation of dreams is usually something special, out of the ordinary (such as becoming famous, or winning the lottery), but in reality it can be anything you want: it's a dream, after all!

5. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Vegga222, it's YOUR life, make it as YOU wish!

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think one of the great things about being gay--at least growing up when I did--is that all the "normal" things seem sort of unattainable. And so when a lot of people dream of mansions or supermodels or whatever I always just kind of thought: I'd like to have a husband I love who adores me. I'd like to have a nice home and a big circle of friends. And maybe we would throw parties and occasionally take nice vacations. And we'd go out to brunch every Sunday, sometimes with friends, sometimes just the two of us...

And growing up in the seventies in Utah, gay, that all seemed pretty well impossible. But a guy can dream, right?

But you know, all this time later, that actually is my life. And I know a lot of my straight friends, given my life, would want more money, or a bigger house or more lavish vacations. But for me, it all just seems so amazing that I'm here at all. And I'm grateful that being gay has made me grateful for the life I have rather than constantly reaching for something more.

7. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have pretty much the same vision for my future as vega222. I want a monogamous relationship, a house, a decent job and maybe we can adopt a child when we are all settled down.

Sure I'd love to win the lottery and live in a mansion and drive a really nice car, but I'm just being realistic.

8. Justinian20

I certainly reach a bit lower than some. I just want to be a minor filmmaker, have a boyfriend I can spend my life with. And just that would be a great enough life.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I achieve nothing more than solidifying my current situation with marriage and financial security, I will be happy. But I would also like to finish my novel and have a child before too long.

Anything on top of that is icing on the cake.

10. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A simple life is a fine thing to dream about. If it's what will make you happy, that's great.

Anyway, I dream of being an astronaut.

11. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dream is to travel the world, visit as much interesting places as possible, make new friends and get to know other cultures and ways of life, then settle down somewhere (I really want to live near/in a big city, with beautiful view of mountains, I LOVE mountains), marry a man, find a good job, and adopt 2-3 children. :thumbsup: